“Nice afternoon”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I enjoyed the chowder house. The staff was wonderful, the ambiance was great. I felt like I was in maine, the service was great, the food was engaging, and the clam chowder was superb. I hope to go there in the near future. I recommend this resturaunt highly.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

When I have out of state company, this is the place I always bring them. I love their Manhatten Clam Chowder - hard to find in a restaurant. Their fish and chips are the best! I grew up going to a popular place at Alki, always thinking it was the best until I stumbled upon Wally's. It is a small place, certainly not fancy, and no great view - but the food and service make up for all of that. The owner is visible and is in there working most days. If you order a three piece fish and chips here - you will be taking two of the filets home! Huge portions, and homemade fries are awesome. I order the crab salad often and my husband orders the grilled halibut or salmon when we don't feel like eating fried food. Everything is great that we have ever tried. The wait staff is friendly and very efficient. This place is almost always busy, mostly with locals who recognize how good it is. aAnd in fact I'm going there for lunch today!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Really glad TripAdvisor helped me find this place. Steamed clams, fried prawns, and awesome 9lbs lobster tail. Other than the lobster tail, the menu seems mostly fried or soaked in butter so take an extra zocor before going. As good a lobster tail as I've had anywhere and the prawns are all full size. Definitely plan to return when I'm near SeaTac.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We lucked into finding this place! We were staying in a nearby hotel on our way to the airport and chose this place based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. We knew from the minute we walked in that we had lucked out. It was busy at 5.30 on a Tuesday evening in January. We got one of the few tables left and watched as a steady stream of people came in an out. I think all of des Moines Washington was there! Yet despite the volume, we never felt rushed and the service was great. Waitress was helpful and friendly. The food was amazing. My husband had the pasta and normally this is bit of a risk. But the noodles were cooked perfectly and the taste was amazing. Better than some five star restaurants. I ordered coconut shrimp. I thought I'd go hungry because there were "only" five shrimp. But I could barely finish my meal. Don't tell the restaurant, but they could charge double and I'd still come.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant whle overnighting in Des Moines, and it was so fabulous I'd go out of my way to come here again when in the Seattle area. Fresh, fresh food, perfectly seasoned. Large portions, reasonably priced. Friendly and efficient service. What else could you ask for?

Been to Wally's Chowder House? Share your experiences!