“Great food, fabulous location”

Salty's at Redondo Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's at Redondo Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Redondo Way
Description: The friendliest beachfront restaurant serving Puget Sound and Olympic Mountain views, fabulous fresh award-winning Northwest seafood, prime USDA steaks, beachburgers and sandwiches. Great drinks and martinis. Waterfront deck dining. Live entertainment. Award-winning spectacular Sunday Brunch. You can be here in just minutes from Tacoma, Sea-Tac Airport and Seattle.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Absolutely beautiful location with outside dining options right on Puget Sound. Lots of fresh seafood offerings on the menu. My halibut was done to perfection. Nice wine selection as well. The only distraction was this location is on a direct flight path to Seatac and the planes were frequent and low enough that I could see their landing gear.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was to be the last stop on a five day trip to Seattle. I had a choice to make, go to the Museum of Flying and push to get through in time to make the flight or take a really nice lunch at Salt's at Redondo Beach. I chose the latter for my wife and I. it was the right choice.

Arriving just before they opened at 11 AM we strolled around the outside deck and took in one of those most beautiful spring days in Seattle. The staff soon came and got us when they were ready and off we went to a window-side table that overlooked the bay. We were seated just long enough to start reading the menu when a family with two young children arrived nearby. Now I have nothing against kids but that was not what I was planning for this lunch. I politely asked the hostess if she would move us to the outside deck that had now just opened. They complied without even a whim of issue. It was again a good choice as we could occasionally hear the child from outside....

The ordering was a seafood fettuccine and the just opened Copper River salmon with green pea risotto. I think by the looks from my wife I made the better choice. Not that hers was not good but the salmon was just that much better. At $36 it should be a good fish dish! It was just that. This was combined with a killer martini their molten passion made with habanero chili and tangerene infused vodka! Nice.... Not for the faint of heart but is was a nice combination of just a little bit of sweet with the spiciness of the chili.

Our fine waitress even went the extra step. It was very bright out that day and I was sans sunglasses. i was shading my eyes and trying to keep from squinting so hard that I could not see and then the heavens broke above. This fine staff member came to my rescue with a just cleaned pair of sunglasses from the lost and found. She noted that they had "been there for quite some time" and said to me just take them if they fit. They fit perfect and I was so comfortable now and continued to enjoy the setting. She is a mentor to new staff and the owner of this restaurant has her positioned just right, what a charm.

Thanks for a great send off back to LALA Land.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Enjoyable evening on the water. Nice happy hour and their Long Island Ice Tea is to die for! Garlic bread and pasta were good,and the sauce was spicy!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived from NJ to take a cruise to Alaska and met with relatives from Redmond, Wa. who suggested this restaurant. The restaurant provided a shuttle to take us from the Doubletree Hotel at the Airport to their place. Not a huge selection tp pick from, but the prices weren't too high and the view of the Puget Sound was fantastic. We did note to our surprise that the shoreline was not sandy (as the New Jersey shore is) but rather rocky. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for your enjoyment. Make early reservations as it gets crowded awful fast.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Often I take my mother here for lunch because it's a special place compared to anything else around the area because of the setting on the water. Mom is in a wheelchair so parking is important and I've never had a problem getting parking although the lot is very bumpy and not paved very well. The lunch specials are an outstanding value which comes with their signature dessert, a white chocolate cake. Not on the lunch specials, but I get the hot seafood salad and the salmon and cod and shrimp is plentiful and great tasting. The bread is good too. The olive bread is very salty. One can see scuba divers in front of the restaurant about anytime you go there. We have sat outdoors on the patio too and it is fabulous in nice weather.
Only thing I didn't like is being seated next to people with noisy kids when there were plenty of other tables available. It cost too much to go there to listen to noisy kids!!

Been to Salty's at Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!