“Great Atmosphere while dining.”

Salty's at Redondo Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's at Redondo Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Redondo Way
Description: The friendliest beachfront restaurant serving Puget Sound and Olympic Mountain views, fabulous fresh award-winning Northwest seafood, prime USDA steaks, beachburgers and sandwiches. Great drinks and martinis. Waterfront deck dining. Live entertainment. Award-winning spectacular Sunday Brunch. You can be here in just minutes from Tacoma, Sea-Tac Airport and Seattle.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived from NJ to take a cruise to Alaska and met with relatives from Redmond, Wa. who suggested this restaurant. The restaurant provided a shuttle to take us from the Doubletree Hotel at the Airport to their place. Not a huge selection tp pick from, but the prices weren't too high and the view of the Puget Sound was fantastic. We did note to our surprise that the shoreline was not sandy (as the New Jersey shore is) but rather rocky. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for your enjoyment. Make early reservations as it gets crowded awful fast.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Often I take my mother here for lunch because it's a special place compared to anything else around the area because of the setting on the water. Mom is in a wheelchair so parking is important and I've never had a problem getting parking although the lot is very bumpy and not paved very well. The lunch specials are an outstanding value which comes with their signature dessert, a white chocolate cake. Not on the lunch specials, but I get the hot seafood salad and the salmon and cod and shrimp is plentiful and great tasting. The bread is good too. The olive bread is very salty. One can see scuba divers in front of the restaurant about anytime you go there. We have sat outdoors on the patio too and it is fabulous in nice weather.
Only thing I didn't like is being seated next to people with noisy kids when there were plenty of other tables available. It cost too much to go there to listen to noisy kids!!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Making reservations is a good idea for Sunday brunch. We were seated right away with a pleasant view of the beach. Unfortunately, since the building is so small, the backs of our chairs were touching the backs of the next table’s chairs and there was very little room to get in and out of our seats.

There was a wide variety of foods offered including waffles, seafood, salad, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, chicken, and an assortment of desserts. Beverages were included in the cost of the meal and crepes and omelets could be made to order.

Our waiter was wonderful! He was polite, helpful, and efficient. All of the staff members I encountered were wonderful.

Brunch is set up like a buffet and one can eat as many serving as he/she desires, but I still felt that the prices were a bit high. The view and atmosphere were nice, but nothing too spectacular.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a great table and view, mainly because we arrived early. The food was wonderful. We ordered oysters, the special of the evening and the Fish and Chips (salmon). The staff was friendly and the salmon fish chips were especially good. The cost was a little pricey.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were in Seattle for a weekend visit with my brother.My sister and I wanted to do something special with our 83 year old mother. I went on line and started looking for a nice place to take her to Sunday Brunch. Salty's was always at the top of the search and the reviews were outstanding, so we decided to give it a shot. We were not disappointed. The food was laid out in cruise ship fashion - and everything was delicious. The see food was abundant, fresh and just this side of heavenly. The dessert table was to die for. The service was attentive, the view was inspiring. Mom was very pleased, and we a wonderful, relaxing morning. I had been a little hesitant to trust a beachside restaurant to do Sunday Brunch in style, but they accomplished it in every way.