“Hidden Gem in Des Moines”

The Scotch and Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Scotch and Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 225th Street
Transit: King County Metro routes #121 or #131
Description: Uncompromising quality in a relaxed atmosphere is what you will find at The Scotch and Vine. Our scotch selection is one of the best in the state with over 175 single malt scotches and over 250 total whiskeys from India to Washington state. Our wine selection is growing on a regular basis and whether you want to take your wine home or enjoy it with one of the over 15 local cheeses that we offer you will not be disappointed. The menu is formatted to bring some of the best flavors together in new and exciting ways and is updated seasonally to reflect the unique growing regions of the Northwest. We at The Scotch and Vine always strive to bring local Northwest products in and offer them to our guests. From Tumalo Farms to Painted Hills, and over to Tonnemaker Farms in Royal City, WA, we source some of the freshest and best products around to reflect our unique style and flavor. So step into our dining room, and get comfortable; a unique experience is waiting for you!
Tacoma, Washington
“Hidden Gem in Des Moines”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time here and I must say the food is amazing, the service is great and the atmosphere is fun. We always have to stop in here when we are in the area as It's hard to find such a great place to have such amazing delicious food.

• Visited August 2013

southampton
“A Gem in a small town”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After a long days drive we came accross Des Moines a lovely waterside town. Having walked into the ownwe fund The Scotch and Vine. A great selection of wines and whisky hence the name. We decided to stay and eat, my husband had steak and done just as he ordered, I had pasta which was very tasty a very enjoyable time had. The staff were vey attentive and even met the chef.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle
“Delectable food, great service, cool building”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been twice now -- once for dinner with my husband and once for lunch with my girlfriend. Both times, the food was delicious. For dinner, we had the specials, which included steak rubbed and marinated in cardamom and cocoa (and a third thing I can't remember) and chicken served over chocolate pasta. At lunch, we had burgers, and mine was as good as any burger I've ever had, but it was the drink that was the best part -- something they'd just created the day before with ginger liqueur and muddled lime and soda and, again, another ingredient I can't remember. Both times we had Terra as our server and she was fantastic. I'm really pleased to have discovered this place and will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Laura_Zera
Austin, Texas
“The worst gourmet burger ever purchased.. Will not return..”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I ordered an Elk Burger, my husband ordered a Bison Burger both burgers were requested to be well done-No Pink. After 30min the Elk Burger was still raw, (they were both dry, no sauce) and mine had absolutely no flavor. I sent back the Elk Burger which took another 10+ min and it was still raw inside and I had to ask for seasoning to be put on but it was still horrible. The Bison was cooked a bit better with a lot of pepper and salt.
We absolutely would not recommend this restaurant. The Chief is definitely in the wrong profession.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jodi M
Seattle, Washington
“Overcharged and Underserved in Des Moines”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Reasonabley good food. Extensive whiskey selections. Overcharged and Underserved by a pretentious waiter who also served as the bartender. liked the food well enough, but the service not at all. We will never go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Janet G

Been to The Scotch and Vine? Share your experiences!