“A great local bar & restaurant”
Review of The Scotch and Vine - CLOSED

The Scotch and Vine
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 225th Street
Transit: King County Metro routes #121 or #131
Description: Uncompromising quality in a relaxed atmosphere is what you will find at The Scotch and Vine. Our scotch selection is one of the best in the state with over 175 single malt scotches and over 250 total whiskeys from India to Washington state. Our wine selection is growing on a regular basis and whether you want to take your wine home or enjoy it with one of the over 15 local cheeses that we offer you will not be disappointed. The menu is formatted to bring some of the best flavors together in new and exciting ways and is updated seasonally to reflect the unique growing regions of the Northwest. We at The Scotch and Vine always strive to bring local Northwest products in and offer them to our guests. From Tumalo Farms to Painted Hills, and over to Tonnemaker Farms in Royal City, WA, we source some of the freshest and best products around to reflect our unique style and flavor. So step into our dining room, and get comfortable; a unique experience is waiting for you!
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I came here with my husband to celebrate my last day of work. We'd planned to have dinner, but instead decided to sample the happy hour menu, paired with a flight of scotch that we shared. The HH menu is great: two pages of various international cheeses, plus other goodies like crabcakes, mac & cheese, skewers, olives, asparagus, grilled prawns, fingerling potatoes with dipping sauces, and other morsels. We also shared a caesar salad that was perfectly dressed, with lots of tangy parmesan cheese.

It's too bad that with its location high above the Des Moines marina, S&V doesn't have a view. But the interior is so nicely done, with a beautiful back bar and great seating, polished wood everywhere you look, and soothing lighting, you only briefly regret the lack of a view. We enjoyed our time here. The service was great, we chatted with the owner about single malt, and read through the extensive wine list in preparation for our next visit, which will definitely include dinner.

A few other comments: Scotch & Vine usually has beer, wine, or scotch events on the calendar. It might be a visit by a Washington winery, or a whiskey appreciation class. On Sunday and Monday, happy hour is all day long. Expect to find live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Looking for a place for an intimate dinner for two? Night out with the Girls/Guys? Dinner with Friends? then you have found it! With scrumptious appetizers, fresh amazing entrees, a wine and scotch list that goes on and on and did someone say cheese? This place has it all!

I was looking for a fun place to spend St. Patrick's day with Friends and found the Scotch and Vine and it has become my FAVORITE restaurant. I have been back several times since then and the food and service has always been impeccable. The small cozy restaurant has a warm intimate atmosphere and everyone is treated like they are special, the staff is always so glad to see you. Did I mention there is live acoustic music most nights?? Yeah they got it. This place has truly covered ALL the bases.

They take reservations but I have stopped in on the spur of the moment and they always seemed to be able to find me a table. So Take the drive to Des Moines and visit the folks at the Scotch and Vine you will be glad you did and will be planning your next visit before you even receive your check.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was on our Pub Crawl & their Spicy Margarita was voted the 'Best Margarita' by a large margin. We didn't try the food, but the drinks were fine & the Ladies Room was very classy.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I took my parents here for the first time and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our dinners were delicious and the service was great! I am moving to the area and wanted to check out the local restaurants. Was really pleased to know that there is a great steak house within walking distance! Can't wait to check out the wine and scotch tasting classes!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I love this place! You will find me here offen. They treat everybody as a special customer and their food is amazing. The largest Schotch collection in the State and the wines for every pallet!