“Comfortable”
Review of Marina Inn

Marina Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Rooms are large and comfortable. My daughter and family stayed in a section that had been recently remodeled. Bathroom had been updated. I stayed in a section where bathroom was small and shower/tub needed non-skid strips to be replaced in tub. My 14 year-old granddaughter slipped when getting out of the tub after taking a shower. Stayed there for 6 nights, was given a weekly rate due to the lateness of the booking. Desk clerk worked with us to get a room at the last night. Very much appreciated. Since I was on weekly rate, was told housekeeping would be by 2 times during the week...disappointed in housekeeping, never offered to come in and vaccuum nor clean bathroom during entire 6 night stay. Bed was changed once and I had to request that..I would stay there again but would request to be placed in the remodeled area. Great location, within walking distance of shops and Des Moines Marina and beach..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Irene047

Reviewed May 12, 2012

This little hem is hidden in the heart of of the marina district in Des Moines, wa. Great value and walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here some business by the airport. Much better to stay in this area than the airport.
Clean rooms witha nice location. Marina & plenty of resturants in area. Not a 5 star but you can not find a better deal. Staff was very nice. Has a microwave & refrig with plenty of places
close by to get groceries.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The price was so low that I didn't expect a lot in. in fact, it was only because of the good reviews that I booked a room here. I am so glad I did. I couldn't believe the size and cleanliness of the rooms! There was even a very satisfactory complimentary breakfast with waffle maker. Love this place. I would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the area. Not even a bad drive to the Tacoma Dome where we were going.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank vsheadel
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We booked this property last minute due to a change in travel plans. We also needed a hotel to leave our car as we were taking Amtrak to California. The paking plan was a good bargain. The hotel is older but the room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. There are numerous coffe shops and restaurants in the area and short walk to the water. The shuttle was prompt and they dropped us at the light rail so we could get downtown to catch the Amtrak.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank canadakel23
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Des Moines is a sleepy little community and reminds me of Santa Cruz area. Hotel is not exactly on the beach, but rather you can barely see Puget Sound from the second floor of the hotel. Rooms are larger than normal, our room's floor was a little squeaky so we walked lightly, but overall very quiet. If you have a noisy neighbor, I can see how it would be very distracting and annoying. But for the price, my wife and I had a satisfactory stay. Besides, when you go to Seattle with all there is to see and visit, you shouldn't be spending your time in the hotel!

Room Tip: Second floor room gives you a chance to see Puget Sound.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank txleong
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning and end of our trip to NY.

What a bargain! $206 for 2 nights stay, airport shuttle and parking for over two weeks.

The room was a pleasant surprise. Large, comfortable and very clean.

We needed a jump start because our car battery had died - no problem, the staff was right on it.

The staff was very friendly, the shuttle quick, the breakfast good - love the waffles.

They even let us stay in our room after check out time - because our flight wasn't until the late afternoon.

We did have a problem locating the motel, and had to call for directions from the front desk, but we made it :o)

Room Tip: Map quest before you go.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hazelson

Been to Marina Inn? Share your experiences!