“Book this trip!”

Northwest Classic Daysailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering 3-hour day-sails aboard Classic Wooden Sloop "Aura" from May to October, departing from the Deer Harbor Marina. Learn to sail, steer and handle llines as much or as little as you desire. Bring food for a floating picnic. We will navigate through the scenic heart of the San Juans. Maximum 6 people. It's beautiful out there!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Book this trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time with Ward on his beautiful wooden sailboat. For those of you who are curious about sailing, or just want to go for the amazing scenery, this is the trip for you!!

1 Thank Mistersharpie

Vancouver, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful day of sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I went with a few friends (4 of us in total) for a 3 hour evening sail. Captain Ward Fay has a wooden sailboat and I found out there are only 9 of them ever made. The weather was sunny and the winds were quite good. We had a wonderful time sailing around the San Juan Islands and were able to see some wildlife as well. Highly recommend this attraction.

Visited July 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Captain Ward took us on an amazing evening sail.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

My fiance and I went sailing with Captain Ward. I was a little weary because I did not know how much work it would be. It was great! My fiance was able to sail the boat and Captain Ward was very knowledgeable. Seeing the setting sun was beautiful. I highly recommend this sail!

Visited July 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Great day sailing on a fabulous wooden sail boat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Captain Ward Fay creates a fabulous outing for the sailing novice. His willingness to share his knowledge of the San Juans, his boat, and sailing make this a fun family adventure. You will find yourself engaged at the tiller, helping trim the sails (if you want to), or just relax as the changing scenary of the islands is all around. Highly recommended.

Fair Oaks, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our Islands Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I almost passed this one by. Luckily my wife talked me into it. It was 4.5 hrs of Bliss! Ward was very informative and let us each run the helm for most of the trip. At first my wife was worried about getting sea sick, as she has a very weak stomach, turned out it was just like sailing on a lake.... nice and smooth. It was so quite and relaxing. Next time we get to the Islans we'll be doing it again!

1 Thank Ronmac46