“Romantic will return”

WorldMark Deer Harbor
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Deer Harbor
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We absolutely loved it here!!!!!!!! We stayed in the historical cottage I believe otter. Little outdated in some areas but it was perfect for what we needed. It was amazing to have a hot tub with partial view of the water,very beautiful at sunset. Staff was great,it was nice to get a free breakfast,very simple and wasn't over the top.It was great to be able to walk a few steps and be on the beach. Then drive a little up the road and pick blackberries! :) This trip was wonderful and everything we needed for a getaway. We just left and I already miss it and want to go back now! Will be planning another trip...thank you DEER HARBOR :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stacy b

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The resort has various styles of units, but we were in the units along the back of the resort furthest from the harbor. They have a back deck with a hot tub that gives you peek a boo views of the water. The unit has separate living and sleeping rooms both of which open onto the deck. It was quite full when we were there but seemed deserted. The check in area is where the continental breakfast is served and it was surprisingly nice with freshly baked maple frosted logs, cinnamon raison bread to toast and other assorted bakery treats. Juice and good coffee, lovely views and a newspaper made for a pleasant morning. There is an outdoor pool that also has killer views of the harbor. At the harbor you can book fishing, or rent a boat, catch a float plane, or a quick bite to eat. The room had a dvd and cd player and decent cable channels which is handy if the weather turns icky. The kitchenette with microwave and sink and fridge did not come with plates or silverware but did have wine glasses and a corkscrew. The biggest negative for us was the musty smell which makes you think of summer camp.

Room Tip: Newer bigger units closer to the water look really, really nice so if you have a big family they wou...
1  Thank Sharon Z
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great deal on LivingSocial! Where else can you get a beautiful cottage, nicely renovated with a view of the harbor and hot tub inside and outside for less than $80 a night? Room was spacious, very clean, but the bed was a little hard. Be prepared that there is no stove top, and only bring food that you can microwave or barbecue. Breakfast was delicious – homemade maple bars and cinnamon rolls, yummy yogurt and granola, hard boiled eggs, and a selection of teas and coffee. Innkeeper was very kind even though there was a mixup on our arrival dates. If you're bringing your own kayak, instead of paying the marina a fee to launch, go across the street and down just one block to the public park and launch there for free. You can easily paddle straight out to the little islands right beyond the harbor where there is no current. Beautiful location!

Room Tip: We love room number 107 in the deluxe cottages. Great view of the harbor from your room and the hot...
6  Thank starburst4
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Family members came here over Memorial Day and told us we had to come here. We are so glad we did. The resort itself is lovely and quiet. Rooms, linens, grounds, are all super clean and well-kept. Personnel could not have been nicer. This is a place to relax--not party. This island closes up after dinner. Except for a couple bars a few miles away, there is nothing to do after dinner, so if you want to party, shop, dance, etc., don't just try another resort, find yourself another island. Most restaurants are closed on Monday, so either check ahead, or bring something to cook on the resort's grill or microwave something in your room and save yourself the search. If you want to relax, enjoy beautiful water views, enjoy a hot tub, watch the deer, stay near a whale-watch boat, play by the seaside, then come here.
Be aware that this area (Deer Harbor) has no shops or restaurants except for one restaurant at Deer Harbor Inn-down the road- and the little store at the marina, so you will need to be driving a LOT unless you bring your own food and grill out.

Room Tip: All rooms "overlook" the sea, but some have only a partial view of the waterfront and a LO...
7  Thank momcop
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at The Resort at Deer Harbor. We used a living social deal, and I don't know what the original price was but we were very happy with our deal. We arrived early and our room was ready, I had called the day before to let them know we were going to take the first ferry. The staff was really nice and helpful, I had several questions and they had all the answers I needed. We had a deluxe cabin and it was nice and spacious and clean. The fire place was a nice touch and divided the sleeping area from the sitting area. The tub was nice and big (to me a tub and a hot tub are not the same so I liked having a jetted tub to bathe in) we did like having a small fridge for snacks and drinks, since we were a bit far away from any stores. We also enjoyed the hot tub. It was nice sitting in it and enjoying the view of the harbor and a glass of wine. The cabins are staggered so even though you are right next to another cabin you can't see the hot tub of the cabin next to you, a little privacy. Watching the float planes come in and out was really fun. Breakfast in the morning was basic and good, the coffee nice and hot. The staff was nice and helpful and I liked the fact that there was no maid service during our visit. We stayed a weekend, and I hate feeling like I need to get up and out so the maid can come make the bed and change the sheets for a two day stay. I got to lay around and relax, it was great. We took a whale watching tour from the harbor and were so lucky to see an entire pod of Orcas. It was a great weekend. I don't know what cell phone service people have but I got service there (Sprint) , I didn't get coverage everywhere but I did have it in the room, but I didn't really go on the weekend to talk on the phone. I don't know about the WiFi, I didn't have a computer with me.

Room Tip: Call and speak with the staff-- the futher in advance you call the better your chance of getting a g...
8  Thank lptsoccer
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Whenever I called the resort, there was always someone nice that answered the phone, who was very helpful and courteous.

However, when we got to the resort, there was a very rude lady who assisted us and was very condescending to us and treated us like dirt.

On a nicer note, upon our leaving, the maintenance guy came around to drop off the cleaning supplies for the cleaning ladies. He greeted us "good morning" and asked how we enjoyed our stay and seemed very genuine.

Pro's
- Easy to get to from ferry
- Great view of the water, marina, harbor
- Beautiful area
- Continental breakfast was enough to start the day: hard boiled eggs, hot/cold cereal, cinnamon rolls, pastries, coffee, tea, juice, bagels
- layout of unit was awesome. Each room had it's own entrance to the unit and a deck.
- jacuzzi on deck

Con's
Unit:
- The interior carpet needs to be replaced. It's worn out and torn out in some sections.
- There was a hole in bathroom door from the inside - should be fixed
- the shower: the water, when turned on, defaults to hot water. This is a safety hazard! the standard is for it to default to cold. When I turned the shower on, I turned the handle all the way to the end, thinking it would turn hot. After waiting 5 minutes for the water to turn hot, it stayed freezing cold. then I realized, I had to turn back the knob to get warm water.
- Air conditioning did not work well
- jacuzzi looked murky
- no wi-fi, no mobile phone connection

Far from shops and restaurants in Eastsound

We have a 3 year old toddler and there wasn't really much for us to do here. Hubby mostly took her down to the beach or to the pool. (But it was too cold to go swimming). Other than that, there wasn't much that interested her.

A fun place to visit is Once in a Blue Moon Farm. They also sell delicious eggs!

We love Orcas Island. Because this area seems so remote (no wi-fi, no mobile phone service), we plan to stay in Eastsound. It's more central to food, shops, restaurants, activities to do.

Room Tip: Roon 124 had an awesome view of the fireworks for July 3rd celebration. It sits right over the water...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mswendymc
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband, our 16month old and I stayed here for a night-- they had a heated pool, which was a bonus for our kiddo, a small sandy beach by the harbor (definitely not clean enough for swimming, but fun for our toddler to play in the sand).... our hotel room was perfectly fine-- I didn't go here expecting a 4 star stay, and I was pleasantly surprised. It felt clean and updated to me (and my husband considers me high maintenance-- ha). There were cute restaurants within a short driving distance (unlike beach haven resort which was a further drive from everything). Rated it as average but would have rated it good if there was that option. (Very good would be pushing it). The woman at the front desk was so friendly and helpful (unlike beach haven resort). And it's a short drive to the ferries.

Room Tip: I'd stay in one of the cabins, so you don't share a wall.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6 mi away
Rosario Resort and Spa
Rosario Resort and Spa
#2 of 5 in Eastsound

Been to WorldMark Deer Harbor? Share your experiences!