All reviews hot tub on site restaurant bed was very comfortable electric fireplace off the beaten path upstairs room two night stay low key view of the water a great place to stay extra towels small tv great restaurant moran state park quiet place coffee pot main town
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Very cozy room, just off road. Great location, everything was very clean, access to extras (towels, soap, coffee...) easy, easy walk to dock and fishing, restaurant on premises was fantastic, serves family style.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbarafA7473TT
Reviewed May 26, 2019

We booked into thee resort through a special promotion in early May. We had a choice of rooms in the main log building allegedly with a view of Deer Harbor. The room was nice, comfortable with a on-suite bathroom and shower. The view of the harbour was a glimpse of water through trees and could have been anywhere.The TV did not work and the restaurant was closed. If you choose to book into Deer Harbour Inn during mid week, do not do it in early May if you expect to use their restaurant. It was open only on weekends. The room was comfortable enough but the Inn is located on one arm of the Island and a long way - 9 miles - from any place to eat. There is a marina nearby that does serve snacks during the day.

Room tip: Book on weekends
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018

I read the cautions, all of them, but I failed to heed them. Several previous reviews described situations that indicated the behavior of the owner. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered what others had already experienced: the owner is abrupt, inconsiderate and greedy.

We had plans to meet friends at the dock in Deer Harbor to go sailing. While I saw several more attractive listings in Eastsound, I chose the Deer Harbor Inn in spite of my hesitations. Logistically, it was just considerably more convenient to stay in Deer harbor near the boat. I requested a two night stay and my credit card was immediately charged the full amount.

Unfortunately, an unpredictable situation arose and we were not going to be able to meet our friend’s boat as planned. I called to inform the Inn of our cancellation. I was not expecting a full refund, but was not prepared for the reception I received. It was immediately abrupt and rude. I was sternly informed I would not be getting any refund. The tone and demeanor was very off-putting. The conversation did not go well.

The owner boldly announced that cancellation rules are “on the website”. While it is true the topic of cancellation is mentioned, none of the policies clearly addressed my exact situation. The website begins with: “Cancellations are subject to a fee of 20%... “. Whether intentional or not, the reader is left with the feeling that some refund is possible.

The most disturbing aspect of this encounter wasn’t being charged the full two day amount, but the attitude and total lack of any semblance of caring or hospitality.

In all, this was a totally unpleasant experience that was not called for and did not have to occur.

This establishment does not deserve my patronage.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank E C
dhinn, Owner at Deer Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

So sorry you could not keep your reservation!
We are a small business on an Island and did our part of making sure you had a room.
Policies are how we have managed to be in business for 40 year's.
Deer Harbor is remote and beautiful place.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner on the patio. It’s a very nice setting, very relaxing. Beyond the restaurant we saw deer that were roaming the grounds. The service was good. My husbands fish was great. My pasta dish was a bit too salty. It’s close to Deer Harbor which makes it very convenient.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank kathysU2670GC
Reviewed July 22, 2018

After being terribly upset with my travel agent's failure to notice the terms of reservations at Deer Harbor Inn made through Expedia (immediate charge to my credit card, non-refundable, two-night minimum), I requested her to contact the lodge and Expedia to rectify the problem as it significantly and negatively impacted our travel plans. We had planned to spend one night on Orcas to do some whale watching, and then travel to Victoria for another two days. The phone call my agent made on our behalf was in vain as the owner would not budge. While it started off leaving a nasty taste in my mouth for Deer Harbor Inn and its management, we decided to make the best of it. The lodge room was small yet comfortable enough, however, the deer roaming around on the premises was a great treat. We visited the onsite restaurant late one afternoon for a glass of wine and the wait staff was wonderfully friendly. We enjoyed the "piano man," who played sweet songs that were piped to the outdoor patio. We made the best of what started out as an unpleasant situation and thankfully ended up enjoying our time on Orcas. Sadly though, we were unable to visit Victoria due to time constraints caused by my agent's oversight and Deer Harbor Inn's inflexibility. For that reason, and that reason only, I am rating service as poor.

Date of stay: July 2018