“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Deer Harbor
Des Moines, Washington
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My daughter and her beau, rented a room for my husband and I this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised after getting there and entering our room, our daughter told us it was a cabin, me a city women wasn't quite sure what to expect, but our room was very charming and clean and the breakfast in the basket what a wonderful touch, all unexpected!! My husband and I had such a great time just him and I getting much needed R/R, what a relaxing break from the city, we would do all over again. We did have a TV too and fridge, coffee and maker, toaster and outside our room was a microwave, they also served dinner on the property!! We were excited that are phones didn't work so we can focus on us! Thank you Deer Harbour Inn:-)

Room Tip: Room number 6 is a great room I was told now I'm a believer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our two day stay in rainy November was a pleasure. Orcas Island, and the Deer Harbour Inn is full of really nice people... what we always expect from residents of our super friendly southern neighbours!

Room Tip: Next time we will ask for the cliff cottage, a better view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in in one of the rooms in the lodge building. The rooms were clean and very basic, no TV, phone, etc.There is no phone available and cell service is sketchy in this location so don't have an emergency. There is no view on the first floor unsure about the second floor. The rooms are not quiet you can hear every door open and shut and the walking above you was pretty loud. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes driving to the town if you want to eat somewhere other than the resturant. Breakfast was pleasant for Costco food. No beaches nearby.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, first floor is loud and no view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoyed the location, the accommodation and my son was so surprised by the basket of breakfast items. Having deer and rabbits outside the door was a pleasure. We couldn't get the hot tub heating, but would love to go back with no complaints at all. All the positive comments I have read are truly accurate and more picturesque than mine, but we enjoyed it immensely.

Room Tip: The lodge is "family style", but for complete privacy, perhaps a cabin would appeal to som...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have no review of the accommodations. We were not able to make the trip we had made reservations for. My wife was admitted to the hospital the night before and was in the hospital up until the time we should have left to get to the hotel. This falls into 24 hours notice and I do get that. But off season and on a Sunday, I thought a concession could have been made, given the circumstances. What I did not understand was the rude response on the phone and this is my reason for the review. They could have at least shown a hint of at least fake concern for my wife's health. It was very hard for her to not be able to go on the trip. To be treated in a rude manner on top of it, was really not appreciated. I see a trend of rude and argumentative behavior listed on the reviews on this site. Maybe business is so good that repeat business is not a focus area for this Inn.

6 Thank JR W
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this quaint cabin that we rented. It was very comfortable and the lovely restaurant was exquisite. We walked from our cabin to the restaurant and had a lovely dinner. They are pet friendly which is the reason we decided on the Deer Harbor Inn. Their were deer and countless rabbits right outside the door. It was lovely, although our poor Airedale went a bit crazy with all of the scents. I highly recommend staying here. In the morning they had a lovely basket with orange juice, water, english muffins and raisin bread for toast.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Deer Harbor Inn and would return again. Next time, I would stay in one of the cabins. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy, and it had a wonderful view. The breakfast basket was a nice touch. This is great simple place for people who just want to relax, get away from it all, and who do not require extreme extravagance to have a pleasant time. I

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors of the lodge; better views.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deer Harbor
#9 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Deer Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!