“Eastern Washington hidden gem”

Patit Creek Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food great surroundings super atmosphere. Large wine list of better wines local and other. Fairly expensive but great for that special getaway

1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was so excited to try this restaurant again; it's been years and now I'm an official foodie. We waited the long month of Jan (they were closed for vacation), and made reservations for lunch on a Thursday afternoon in early February.
Lunch started a little strangely when our server refused to let us have any wine until our lunch was ordered. So, we tried to order. There are no appetizers offered at lunch, so in our enthusiasm to try as many dishes as possible, we asked if we could split either an order of Waldorf Salad or an order of Pasta of the Day as our starter. Both these things were on the lunch menu, and we were willing to share off the same plate. For some reason this seemed to ENRAGE the chef. Yelling came from the kitchen, and the waitress came back, looking embarrassed, and asked if we wanted anything from the dinner appetizer menu instead. We tried, but when the goat cheese in pastry was not available after all, I went back to my pasta or Waldorf idea. This prompted a whole new commotion in the kitchen; one of my friends heard the chef ask "why we couldn't just order a f@##ing shrimp cocktail!" Had I heard this, we would have left immediately; she didn't tell me until after lunch.
When we were finally allowed to order wine, I asked about the house red for $25/ bottle as opposed to the bottle of name Merlot for $26. I didn't understand such a small price difference between the two. She laughed with me, and said it was a no brainer to go with the name brand wine, so I did. When the bill was presented, the wine was $48; evidently the $26 price was for a split. Why was this not mentioned when I asked specifically?
Our salads were ordinary, the escargot was somehow fishy (this is the only dinner appetizer we ordered), the eggplant parmesan was overcooked and dry, and the veal picatta had way too much acid; it was sour. The crème brulee was good, the Tollhouse pie OK, and my chocolate "pate" was inedible. We paid almost $300 for lunch, wine and tip for 4, then were asked "how many pieces?" when we asked for more bread.
I'm angrier with myself than I am with the restaurant. I've worked in the hospitality industry most of my life, including a 10 year stint as the hostess/dining room manager at the local Homestead Restaurant in nearby Walla Walla. Why we didn't walk out, dispute the wine charge, send bad food back, or do anything to protest our treatment really bothers me in retrospect. I let the Patit Creek reputation impress me so much I put up with things I never should have. Shame on all of us!
I think it's important to mention that we were the ONLY TABLE IN THE RESTAURANT THE ENTIRE TIME! Were they just too busy to try to make us happy? I don't write many negative reviews, but this was inexcusable.

4  Thank Karen L
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Fourth visit and fourth meal selection, each one as deliciously prepared and beautifully served as the prior meal. From pan-fried oysters to medallions of beef to pork loin and a savory pumpkin puree to chicken florentine, NOTHING has been missed! This is a place to plan on spending time for a meal, savoring each course and bite. And yes, dessert is a must.

1  Thank Wanderfoolin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Could not believe we could enjoy such a wonderful meal in this tiny town. Service was wonderful and we could not have asked for a more delicious dinner!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our visit to the Patit was very enjoyable.The food was great and so was the service.
I will go there again for sure.