“Not sure whether I'm happier with the staff or the chocolate!”
Review of Alexander's Chocolate Classics - MOVED

Alexander's Chocolate Classics
More attraction details
Owner description: Alexander's Chocolate Classics is The Chocolate Shop For Lovers Of Chocolate With Impeccable Taste.Alexander's Chocolate Classics' mission is to raise the art of your chocolate experience beyond the ordinary or expected. Widely known for their craftsmanship and impeccable attention to detail, Alexander's Chocolate Classics chocolate shop surpasses what is common or usual. Everything is hand-crafted from a full spectrum of European and American cacao. Simply: "The Best!"
Walla Walla, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Not sure whether I'm happier with the staff or the chocolate!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is no ordinary "candy store"! I was surprised to find Alexander's listed on Trip Advisor as Dayton's #1 attraction, but I get it now. It's not just a chocolate shop; it's an experience. From the minute we walked into the tiny store, Alexander and Diane welcomed us with open arms, then plied us with samples and information. We tried the European drinking chocolate (NOTHING like regular hot chocolate), truffles, and fresh cannelloni. Oh God, the cannelloni! They fill them to order so they don't get soggy; truly a little piece of heaven. We purchased (and enjoyed) a huge, moist piece of blueberry lemon cake with a whipped white chocolate icing. I came home with some delicious toffee and an amazing brownie, filled with truffle and frosted with ganache. All incredible...
Even more impressive, I woke up the next morning with a vague feeling that in all the confusion created by our four person invasion into their tiny shop, I might have been slightly overcharged. The amazing (and great) Alexander remembered what I had purchased, what currency I had given him, and then bent over backwards to refund the slight discrepancy. I, of course, preferred more chocolate to the refund!
I have discovered they have a website, and am considering sending myself some organic peanut butter and honey truffles for Valentine's Day. How did I miss those?

Visited February 2014

Clarkston, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Decadent delicious and dangerous”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am really glad we went in there AFTER lunch at Manila Bay next door. If I had not had a good meal first, I am certain I would have been persuaded to sample and buy every single item in this store. Starting with the amazing sipping chocolate all the way through to the chocolate dipped ginger, no calorie was wasted on something that wasn't delicious. Take a stop while going through Dayton... it is part of the 12 Step program for chocoholics.... never be more than 12 steps from some really good chocolate !

Visited January 2014
Walla Walla, Washington, United States
“Chocolate at its finest!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved the experience of visiting Alexander's this last weekend! There were lots of fun flavor combinations paired with dark chocolate and we really enjoyed the dipped ice cream bar with its flavorful coating. The visit with the owners was enlightening-they really know their chocolate. Having owned a chocolate store in a "previous lifetime" in Seattle, I was delighted to find Alexander's so close to home here in the Walla Walla Valley.

Visited October 2013
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A jewel in this small town”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I don't know how to add to the comments already written about this place. The owners are engaging and entertaining the moment you walk through the doors. And the chocolates.....wow, the chocolates! Make sure to eat them slowly to enjoy all the lovely flavor combinations they've added to these creations that make them spectacular. And Alex is well versed in the chemistry of what he does, so if you love science, that's just another reason to love Alexander's!!

Visited September 2013
Cass City, Michigan, United States
“Alexander's Chocolate Classics really are "The Best!"”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently had the most amazing experience, helping develop Alexander's new and improved website! Alex, being the best client I have ever had the pleasure to work with, generously sent me a sample so I could truly experience the chocolate. I received my 8-piece truffles by mail, which arrived super-fast and in perfect condition,by the way! I was so excited and opened my package quickly, to reveal the beautiful packaging, and then when I got to see the chocolates first hand, I was mesmerized by the intricate detail of the designs on the truffles - they were almost too beautiful to eat...but that still did not stop me. The flavors were all bold, fresh, and each truffle had it's very own character - I have never ate chocolates this slowly before, but I wanted each bite to last as long as possible! I still cannot decide which was the favorite, because they were all so incredible! You must try Alexander's Chocolate Classics if you are serious and passionate about chocolate - because I know they are, and you can taste it in every bite!

Visited September 2013