“Beautiful historic place to stay in Dayton!”
Review of The Weinhard Hotel

The Weinhard Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dayton
Tacoma, Washington
“Beautiful historic place to stay in Dayton!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed mid-week in room 6 which is just lovely and very spacious! It is on the ground floor towards the back of the hotel so it is nice and quiet! Beautiful antiques, comfy bed and the softest sheets ever await you at the Weinhard Hotel. The staff is terrific as well! This was my first time to Dayton, which is such a terrific small town! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Room 10 is the largest room (it is huge!) and room 6 is the next largest and is just great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! I am so glad yo enjoyed your stay in Dayton. We hope to see you again next time yo are in the area! Best Wishes, Shellie McLeod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was absolutely fabulous it was our first visit to Dayton and I would highly recommend staying at the Weinhard. The rooms are fantastic the ambiance is great and each room is decorated exquisitely. The staff are knowledgeably and very friendly and helpful. The rooftop patio is a must see, check it out.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
What a nice review - thank you so much! It was our pleasure to serve you, and we are so glad your family enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your next visit! Cheers! Shellie
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in Dayton at the Weinhard Hotel for a weekend away, just the two of us, while grandparents babysat at home in Spokane. We had passed through Dayton before and knew of the Weinhard, but nothing more besides the glowing reviews we saw on Trip Advisor. Now I am very happy to add our own glowing review! We had a simply wonderful visit and experience at the hotel. The owners and hosts, Gary and Shelley, could not have been nicer,more welcoming, and more generous with their time for us. We arrived on Friday evening just as a fund raiser with live music was kicking off on the hotels *gorgeous* rooftop garden. We were immediately invited to join the gathering, and while we did not because of dinner reservations nearby at the cafe, this spirit of warmth and welcome was the hallmark of the whole weekend. Our room was beautiful and comfortable, with little touches like the fruit and chocolate basket making things even more relaxing. We will definitely be back and enthusiastically recommend the Weinhard Hotel to anyone passing through, visiting Walla Walla or the Blue Mountains, or just looking for a relaxing weekend away from Seattle, Portland, Spokane, etc.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What a well written and kind review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Dayton. Come and see us again sometime! :) Shellie
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am originally from Dayton and visit there at least annually. The Weinhard Hotel offers a wonderful alternative from a traditional hotel experience. The comfort and care is similar to a bed and breakfast experience accompanied by the conveniences and privacy of a traditional hotel. The furnishings are tasteful and beautiful and the owners are there to ensure your comfort. That being said...I stay at the Weinhard Cottage and I cannot say enough good things about it. We start of with a picnic basket of homemade muffins (this year the muffins were banana blueberry...yumm) fresh fruit, juice and chocolates. The cottage is a beautifully decorated and immaculate. The kitchen is fully equipped and the cottage has 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms with another sitting room that is easily turned into another private bedroom. Comfy sitting room upstairs with a TV and a more formal living room and dining area downstairs but my favorite spot is the front porch swing where I have my coffee and enjoy the peaceful small town ambience every morning that I stay there. Not to be missed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Jackie! Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to see you and I so enjoy your stories about inviting passers-by to stop and visit on the front porch when you are sitting out there. What a great tradition you have started! We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you so much for your continued patronage. All the best to you and yours! Shellie McLeod
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This property met and was perhaps better than expected. The staff were excellent as well as the very nice accomodations. Bed was super confortable and the breakfast was just right. I have stayed at this facility once before with very satisfactory results. I think this hotel is highly underrated and should be an enjoyment for all who stay. The rates were very reasonable and plan on returning sometime in the future. We love it.

Room Tip: the lower floor has queen beds. The upper floor has double beds. So if you need a little more room...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dave, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so pleased that the Weinhard exceeded your expectations. I sincerely hope your wife had a birthday to remember. We look forward to helping you celebrate more special occasions in the future!
Best wishes to you both, Shellie McLeod
WA
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our first time in Dayton, WA, so needless to say our first experience at the Weinhard Hotel.What a wonderful place to stay! The staff was tops..being there for our every need. Rooms were very clean and decor was right on. The friendly owners were very visible and made sure we had all we needed and wanted. We were even given a bowl of ice to accommodate our "happy hours!" Playing cards with friends in the lobby was met with acceptance from the staff. I am sure they would liked to have joined us but for their work schedule. Dayton itself was very interesting. We drove around the town to see the beautiful, old historic homes. We even saw our first wild turkeys!! A wonderful time with friends.
Thank you to all who made our stay complete!
Ross and Jan Copeman

Room Tip: Any room would be wonderful. I hear room 16 may be haunted!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Copeman,
We are so glad you found us online and took the opportunity to visit our little town with friends! Great to hear that you all enjoyed the trip. Please keep us in mind when every your travels bring you back to southeastern Washington.
All the best to you,
Shellie
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had I known what a GREAT time we would have at the Hotel Weinhard we would have booked more time there. My son LOVED Ghost hunting, (which he never got a chance to find =) , and the fact we were so enchanted and cozy made for a very very wonderful hotel experience. Like stepping in to living history! As far as the stff are concerned, If I cold do more than rave I would. I will be back many more times and hope to do so shortly! If they can stand us. Not sure if everyoe gets the TLC we did, but I suspect so, and I imagine it gets exhasuting. However, no one ever made us feel like it was not the norm. Thank you all so much!!

Dawn Wiksten

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dawn, great to hear from you! I am thrilled to know that you and your son enjoyed the hotel. Gary and I were out of town while you were here, so I am happy to read that our staff treated you as guests in their own home. Trisha and Tammy are very hospitable, and we feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful team. It's been a pleasure exchanging emails with you - I hope to meet you in person when you return for another visit! Thank you so much for your kind review.
Best Wishes, Shellie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
#5 of 15 in Walla Walla
Capri Motel
Capri Motel
#10 of 15 in Walla Walla

Been to The Weinhard Hotel? Share your experiences!