“A wonderful stay”
Review of The Weinhard Hotel

The Weinhard Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Dayton is a sweet charming town and this hotel shows what travel accommodations were like a 100 years ago. A Victorian jewel with up to date services. I stayed in a handicap accessible room and it was perfect. A fruit and chocolate basket in the room was a special touch.
The staff are friendly and the Continental breakfast was perfect.
I would recommend it to all and I will plan to stay there again.
Susan

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Weinhard Hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Owners/staff are very accommodating.
Atmosphere takes you back in time. Dayton may be small and out of the way, but rich in history.

Room Tip: If you want a little adventure stay in room 16...it is haunted!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The whole experience was fantastic. A convenient location,a beautiful high ceiling room, and the most comfortable bed (including my own) that I have ever slept in.

Perhaps the most endearing aspect of my experience was that after my stay was over, I received a call from the hotel staff informing me that I had left my favorite shirt in the closet. Without any prompting from me, they offered to Fed Ex the shirt to my home that day, free of charge!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dayton Washington.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I loved this place! It is very quaint. I had a room on the first floor and it was very peaceful and quiet. My room was very clean and comfy. There are various personal touches. The roof-garden is very lovely with bbq's, flowers, and comfy blankets for cooler evenings. The room included handcrafted soaps from local artisan's and fresh fruit.
The staff are very friendly and courteous. Dont hesitate to give this place a try! I will be going back!
Dayton is a small town with quaint shops and some of the best restaurants around. It makes a relaxing weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Dayton, and the hotel. Thank you for your kind review!
Best Regards, Shellie McLeod

Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband & I have stayed here 3 times in the past 6 months. We absolutely love this place. The people are friendly and helpful. The rooms are so quaint and very clean. (Room #6 is our favorite!). You have to give this historical hotel in downtown Dayton a try!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and very quaint. Our favorite room is #6 (so far anyway!).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Lori, We are so fortunate to have repeat customers like you! Thank you for visiting us time and again, and thank you for giving such a kind review. We look forward to your next visit - perhaps in the summer when the rooftop garden is in bloom! Shellie :)

Reviewed March 23, 2012

They have done a very nice job bringing this Victorian Hotel back to life. The lobby and rooms are very comfortable and the town is very pleasant. The staff here couldn't' be friendlier.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Visitors from Georgia! Thank you for staying with us :) We enjoyed visiting with you in the coffee shop and we thank you for your kind review! Best wishes in all your travels - Gary & Shellie McLeod

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We live only about 50 miles from Dayton so have never taken the opportunity to stay a t this wonderful hotel until now. If you are going to wine country, looking for neat shops or just want a wonderful nite away this is the spot for you

The hotel only has15 rooms. We choose room 6 and were very happy with it. THe decor is outstanding! There was a wonderful fruit basket and the fruit was outstanding.

Cont. breakfast in old bar which now serves as a coffee shop. Fresh homemade muffins. The granola was great.

This is a winner!!

Room Tip: Hotel accepts pets
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelshellie, Owner at The Weinhard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us! I am so glad that you found it to be a nice getaway, such a short distance from home. We appreciate your comments!
Best Wishes, Shellie McLeod

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Walla Walla Suites Inn
Capri Motel
Capri Motel
#10 of 15 in Walla Walla

Been to The Weinhard Hotel? Share your experiences!