“Normally they are better than this”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in Covington
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Walked into the restaurant on a Friday night and they were busy with 1 woman running the whole show. She was the hostess, waitress, bus person and cashier. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the cook too. Anyway all kidding aside she pointed us in the direction of 2 open tables and we were able to choose which one we wanted. After sitting down at the table I noticed that a small portion was all sticky. It took forever for her to come back and wipe it down and to get our water. After a lengthy delay she was finally able to take our order and usually when the soup comes out it is quick but not this time. Even the food took forever to come out and it too usually comes out quick. It was really bland and didn't taste too well.

However the lady was swamped big time and there was a child screaming at the top of his lungs for a good 1/2 hour and the parents didn't bother to calm him down. I think we were all able to give a big sigh of relief when they left.

Yes we will go back as it is one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in Covington. The prices are pretty good for what you get.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food here is good ... the service is efficient, though not exactly friendly ... the prices are reasonable.

I've had worse Chinese food, and I've had a lot better. At best, the food here is pretty standard for good Chinese food prepared for the western palate.

Bottom-line, while the food is tasty and well prepared, it is stereotypical of what many folks here in the US think as authentic Chinese food ... which is not a bad thing.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Mother in law was craving Chinese food so we decided to try this place out after driving by several times. Glad we did, it was more than amazing. We decided to do the family meal B, it was $13.95 per person and a great value. It came with hot tea, a bowl of soup each, 12 pieces of BBQ pork, 3 eggrolls, chowmein, BBQ pork fried rice, mongolian beef, and sweet n sour chicken. The waitress brought it all out in stages so everything was piping hot, everything was brought out at perfect timing. I haven't had such good Chinese food in over 5 years. I will definetly go back here soon! They also do take out, which seemed to be very popular as we were sitting there.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to Golden Phoenix for the first time today and will definitely be back!

The service was prompt and friendly, always on standby to give beverage refills when my glass reached the half-full mark. The food was marvelous and reasonably-priced. My dad and I ordered the family meal A, which included soup of choice, egg rolls, barbecued pork, fried rice, chow mein, a beef dish, and almond chicken. We ended up packing up more food than we had eaten. All entrees were clearly freshly-made and were served hot.

The waitress accidentally brought us the wrong rice platter, but brought us the correct one once she had realized her mistake. We were never kept waiting for long on anything.

Even though the restaurant is hard to get to, it is well worth a visit! It was one of the best restaurant experiences I have had and am positive that I will return.