“Friendly/Out Going Tavern..”

Cuisines: American
Tacoma, Washington
“Friendly/Out Going Tavern..”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have only visited this establishment once out of the maybe 10 trips to the coast and just kept on going.I alway's thought it would be a cool place to check out at some point instead of going to the SeaGate all the time..Not to mention they have Upped their prices Tremendously and most of their food is Frozen and Made to order..
After having A seafood dinner here at the Green Lantern I/We said we will be coming back here again as you get Healthy Portions and it's Fresh Food Not frozen..I would highly recommend stopping here to any of our friends In Tacoma Wa..

• Visited March 2014

Abbotsford, Canada
“Horrible Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been going to this spot for over 20 years. The staff treats locals way different then tourists.Has always been like that we use to go so often that they got to know us and then the service and attitide was good. Tthe food has always been good and a fun place to play shuffle board and play music on the jukebox. I hadn't been in 6 years but had great memories. Stay away the food was terrible they nickel and dime you for anything extra. I played music on the jukebox which made some locals start complaining. I have a suggestion don't have a jukebox if it irritates people. The food was uneatable. The clam chowder which use to be so very good was like paste.It was also cold so I asked if it could be reheated sure the waitress said it came back just as cold. The beef dip was uneatable the meat was black and totally dried out. We also ordered appy's and meals. All the food arrived at the same time. I think the chili came out of a can. The only thing worth eating was the jalapeno poppers but they come out of a box so how hard is it to ruin that. We were going to play shuffle board when a customer jumps up and starts sliding the rocks from one end to another so we couldn't play. It was a really horrible experience all the way around.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank goldensandra
Deer Park
“Good Local Tavern”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been going to the Green Lantern since the 70's. If you are looking for good tavern food a local atmosphere this is the place to go. They still have a working shuffleboard table in this establishment. Everytime we go to the North Beach we try and stop at the Green Lantern.

Visited April 2014
Bellevue, WA
“A Great Local Pub”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This place does not look particularly good from the road, but give it a try. The food is really good for pub food. My wife had the BBQ ribs special, as good as she has ever had. My daughter had the beef sandwich au jus, which I mooched on a bit. The service was extremely attentive, I recall that our server was Roxy.

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank rerBellevue
Rochester, Washington
“Great ribs!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner while staying on the Washington coast and had what was probably the best rib dinner I have ever eaten. There was a clam tide so the place was packed but our server Roxy did a fantastic job of taking care of us. Went back again a couple of days later for a burger and unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Go for the Saturday night rib special but skip the burgers.

• Visited December 2013