If you are looking for a place to experience the North Coast of Washington and be comfortable-THIS IS IT!!! My family and I spent 4 days at Iron Springs (Cabin 17) over Spring Break and it was fantastic! Like many families we used to make this an annual trip but stopped going when the previous owners let the place get very run down. Well, it's not like that any more! The new owners, who spent many many years at Iron Springs as guests knew how special the place was and it shows in the Resort remodel. The cabins still have the fantastic views (with bigger windows maybe?), but the interiors have been completely redone in a comfortable beach cabin style. The kitchens are well stocked with all the essentials. The beds are to die for comfortable! The wood bin is also well stocked with firewood to use in the real wood fireplace. There is a flat screen TV and DVD player which we didn't use much but it's there if you or your kids want it. The resort has free wireless but cell service is spotty- great if you want to unplug for a few days! There is also a charcoal grill and a couple deck chairs to sit in and enjoy the expansive view. Fortunately the weather gods were with us and we grilled and enjoyed cocktails on the deck. There is a store in the office that has everything you might need (or forgot) and then some! You must try the Cinnamon rolls that you let rise and bake yourself- they are more like cinnamon brioches (DELICIOUS). I forgot a mixer but they have a few of those, blenders or food processors to rent for a small fee. The office staff was wonderful and helpful. There are some games and DVDs you can check out. We played "The game of Things", which was fun for adults and mature teenagers. Finally, the beach-that's what we come for isn't it? There is a quick trail on the south side of Boone Creek that takes you to the south beach. You can walk forever on the beach and enjoy relative solitude and magnificent beauty. The North beach is a little trickier to get to and you need boots and low tide to do it. Cars can only be on the North side of the beach but we never saw one the entire four days we were there. The beach is perfect for walking/running, playing in the sand, beachcombing, kite flying, picnicking and enjoying beach fires. I love the beach and I especially love Iron Springs!! We are already planning out next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iron Springs is perched along a pristine stretch of the Washington Coast. The cabins of this year-round, Copalis Beach getaway have been long coveted for their close proximity to the ocean, unmatched views of the Pacific, and family-friendly atmosphere. The cabins contain fully equipped kitchens, free WiFi, phones, IPod player and flat screen T.V.s with cable. Each cabin has a living room with either a wood burning stove or fireplace, all wood is provided free of charge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Iron Springs Hotel Copalis Beach
- Iron Springs Copalis Beach
- Iron Springs Resort Washington/Copalis Beach