“2nd visit no better than 1st”

Maverick's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Colville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our 2nd try at this restaurant, with a fairly lengthy gap between visits. Restaurants change cooks, so we thought we'd give it another shot. STILL a huge mistake!

I ordered the Maverick burger, and this huge unedible monstrosity arrived on my plate. Hubby's burger wasn't any better. We both looked at one another - how on earth do you get THAT in your mouth? And frankly, once I get it in there, please give me a reason to keep eating! The only thing noteworthy about this burger was its size.

My suggestion? Don't eat here, but make a trip to have a drink on their lovely patio. Central fountain, great patio furniture, big overhanging umbrellas. The patio is beautiful, the food not worth a return trip.

I most definitely won't be going back to eat. I've been twice, and I've been disappointed both times. I always give restaurants, hotels, etc. another chance to redeem themselves. Maverick's has had their 2nd chance! That's it for me!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Week night apparently is slow in at this restaurant with the lack of patrons eating while we just gave it a try. Service was quick with follow up, but the food was average. Nothing special that will bring us back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Despite the poor reviews we read on this restaurant, we decided to go ahead and try it anyway because I was in the mood for a good steak. Clearly this was not the place to get one. The restaurant itself was clean, and our waitress was friendly. The ribeye steak I ordered medium rare came medium. My husband ordered the mushroom swiss burger. The first thing I noticed was that my steak was thin and had little to no flavor. My husband tried a bite and agreed that it was bland at best. I tried a bite of his burger and thought that the taste was off and he agreed that it was no better than my steak, no matter how much lettuce, onion and tomatoes they added (which a good mushroom swiss burger doesn't require). Their novelty shoestring french fries had no seasoning and no distinctive flavor. For the prices charged, we expected a much better experience. If you know the difference between Outback Steakhouse and Sirloin Stockade, you know what I'm talking about. For almost $20, I would expect a steak closer to Outback quality. Unfortunately, a clean restaurant and nice waitstaff do not make up for a extremely disappointing dinner. We will not be repeat customers.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nice decor and pleasant atmosphere compliment this resaurant. They have a nice choice of entrees at reasonable prices which are generally very good. They do seem to have a slight problem with consistency, but overall, very nice.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found the food to be fine. Nothing to really rave about, but I didnt feel ripped off either. I have to say though, I did enjoy my burger.