“Fun place to go!”

Maverick's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Colville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the first place I went to when we arrived. The food is great, met James the owner and let him know his staff is outstanding. Just one complaint for the price salad should come with the dinner. Not just steak and a potatoes or better yet open a salad bar. If you did that more people will stay and drink. That's how nice an atmosphere it is. Love this place.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We made two visits. Our breakfast was very well prepared. The eggs benedict was outstanding. We also had dinner one night. The main problem is that you eat with your eyes and the presentation of the meal is not appetizing. A little parsley or orange/lemon slice would go a long way. We did expect a better tasting meal for the price. The owners and staff are very accommodating.

1  Thank MillieColville
Reviewed February 25, 2012

For a steak house they need steak that are top notch. Expected it to be like Churchills in Spokane. Was disappointed. Know they are trying but need to concentrate on making steak a top priority. Nice owners, very friendly!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stopped when Xmas shopping. We had loved the patio in the summer and decided to try inside in the winter.

Good again!!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Okay, here we go... optimistic
Monday September 26th 2011
It was our 24th wedding anniversary and we decided to go out to eat and have a nice dinner, we decided on a steak house and since we're new to the area my only resource for quality was the internet. First let me say Maverick's was NOT my first choice but we left the house unprepared and relied on a local person once we got in town. (I should have asked for directions to our original restaurant choice)
As we entered the restaurant we were greeting with a bright motif of country western atmosphere. It was clean however, bright enough to preform surgery... Tone down the wattage guys... We sat down and things were relatively "new" all around us but it had the "unfinished/incomplete/newish" feel.
The waitress came over and was nice but VERY "robotic" no personality nothing personable nothing like "Hi how is your evening? have you ever been here before? here is our specials for the night? NOTHING... what would you like to drink.
DRINKS:
Water, Tea. (hard to mess that up)
APPETIZERS:
We decided on the "maverick sampler" ribs/cheese sticks/battered green beans/ and sweet potato fries. Sounds yummy, in actuality it was very good however, there were 3 small ribs to share, 8 green beans, 2 cheese sticks and 14 fries, yes I counted. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED THEY HAD VERY SMALL PORTIONS.
DINNER:
I ordered the battered COD (ha) with vegetables and a salad
My wife ordered the new york strip with potato bakers and the soup.
MY ORDER:
My salad looked like it was a child's portion (about 1 cup) the Battered COD was HORRIFIC it was greasy and again VERY small portions, the vegetables were ok but drenched in butter I tasted more butter than vegetables. I should have asked them to take it back but hey I wasn't going to make a fuss I ate it with reservations and paid for it later with stomach cramps for about 3 hrs.
MY WIFE'S ORDER:
The soup was good but again VERY small portions (about 1.5 cups) the "New York Strip" was a joke. She ordered it medium and what ever it was they brought her it was cooked medium but there was no doubt that it was NOT a New York Strip, it was tough and very "chewy" the potatoes were good but again just a few on the plate (6 baby potatoes, I mean baby) We brought it to our waitresses attention and told her we didn't want anything else to replace it nor did we want it discounted from our bill, but someone should know about the quality and portion sizes. We asked for a box and the bill and 15 minutes later after I sat there and just kept staring at the staff hoping someone would bring us our bill the owner (man) came to our table and offered to take the steak off our bill. I insisted that I pay for our meal and I wasn't looking to have anything compensated I just wanted to go. he removed it from our bill anyway and rushed us out. He didn't want to know any details nor did he ask us about our dinning experience he mentioned that he would appreciate that we not share our disappointment with others with-in the facility (like we would...) and gave us an excuse that his team is new and they had been working since 5:00am. (why should that matter to us?) What ever happened to "customer service"?
Well folks there you have it. In my mind I figured if he didn't want to hear the truth in person well then he can read about it.
This does not mean we'll never go back, my guess is we'll try it after all the glitches are worked out maybe a year or so and see if things are different, if so I'll be happy to re-write a review with proper credits.
We'll see, until next time folks remember to think with your gut.
Chuck Smith
Springdale, WA.

Been to Maverick's Restaurant? Share your experiences!