“Best Thai Food Around!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Thai Food Around!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The food here is absolutely delicious! There is another Thai place in town, but the food here beats it and is cheaper. Also, love the service. The only reason I didn't rate a 5 is because the facility is a little run-down and I don't like having to make reservations to go out (which you do here), but those things still don't take much away from Bangkok 103. I will DEFINITELY be back!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank tyed85

College Place, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No better Thai”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have travelled to most of Americas major cities and enjoyed Thai food in dozens of restaurants but the most delicious Thai food on the planet is in College Place, WA--Bangkok 103. This is one of those priceless, small, Mom and Pop restaurants where the food dazzles your taste buds because it is made with care, skill, and love. Make a reservation because it is small and often filled to capacity. Don't be in a hurry because your food is actually being cooked while you wait. Order with abandon and be bold, I have not had a dish I didn't love.

College Place, Washington
“Best Thai Food EVER!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We have heard nothing but rave reviews when discussing Bangkok 103 Cafe. And boy did Bangkok deliver!

3 of us went together for the first time, all Bangkok "virgins." It was a unanimous decision that there is no need to go anywhere else in town bc there is just no point. Bangkok is that good!

Rudi, the chef, is Thai and grew up cooking for her 9 brothers and sisters. She has since been cooking in many different counties, as well as for royalty, I've been told. Her husband, John, is from the states and is the waiter. Both were SUPER friendly! We've been told that the service can be poor, so don't plan on being knocked off your socks as far as service goes. Well we disagree! John was sooooo nice, explained many different dishes, was very attentive, talkative, and extremely friendly. He brought us a house salad with such a delicious peanut dressing and apologized for our wait. Everything is prepared fresh when you order, so it is a little bit before your food comes to the table. But we were totally fine, in no rush, and enjoying eachothers company. What a nice move on their part to recognize it and bring us the salads while we were waiting. Rudi came out of the kitchen to make sure we liked our food and gave each of us a hug! She is so sweet! She wanted me to write down the phone number of the girl that referred us so that she could call and personally thank her!

So, a heads up, if you order something on the menu with "spicy" written next to it, and you can't take spicy food, don't order it. This husband and wife team serve up truly authentic Thai food as it was meant to be prepared and do not deviate. I love spicy food and ordered the panang curry with chicken. He warned me that it is the hottest item on the menu, and that is fine for me. Panang is my favorite! He suggested me getting it the way she makes it (spicy-wise), since it's my first time, and then next time I can request it to be more spicy or less spicy. It was the way to go bc it was perfect, just the way it is! One of my friends got the green eggplant curry and the other got the vegetable curry with prawns. We all split the chicken pad Thai, garlic chicken and some kind of coconut soup with tofu. The eggplant curry could have been kicked up a notch, we all agreed, as far as heat, but a great choice if you aren't a spicy fan. The garlic chicken is not on the menu, but is johns favorite, so we figured we should give it a try. Great flavor, beautiful presentation, but a little bit on the salty side. The soup was outstanding! The broth was so good, I couldn't get enough! It had tofu and mushrooms, but you can order it with chicken too. I did not try the vegetable curry bc it was made with vegetables I dont personally care for (such as cabbage and bamboo shoots), but the girl who ordered it was extremely happy with her choice in ordering it.

This restaurant will definitely be our go-to Thai restaurant from here on out! It's a little on the small side, reservations are recommended, they do not serve alcohol, and payment is accepted via cash or check only. No credit cards accepted. The atmosphere isn't romantic or upscale, by any means, but the food speaks for itself. Truly amazing!

Sisters, Oregon
“Wonderful Food!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband who is from College Place kept telling me we need to go to Bangkok when we are in town. At last we got there when it was open. My, what good food! Rudi the cook came out to visit with my husband Marvin who she knew when he worked at Andy's Market. At last I met the famed Rudi and ate the wonderful Thai food she prepares. John was an excellent waiter also. So glad we finally were there at the right time!!!

Rudy

Walla Walla, Washington, United States
“Hidden little treasure”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place after realizing it was the only Thai food place in town. This place is awesome!!! Food was great! The cook mingled with the guests. Loves it!!!

• Visited July 2013