“The Best!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
sequim
“The Best!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

While traveling to the Palouse we were popped from driving so thought we'd make the BW a pit stop. We were greeted kindly, and even received a discount because I am a photographer. Sweet deal! The room was immaculate, had a decently comfortable bed, great shower. Best of all was the breakfast. Probably the best I have had in a motel in a long time. Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hot & cold cereals, pastries, juices, etc. all under the care of a sweet woman. (sorry I didn't get her name) That alone was worth the stay. Next time traveling through this area we will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was stuck- I needed a place to stay in Pullman and this was as close as I could get (turns out it was parents weekend at WSU)- I was dreading it but changed my tune upon arrival- Rita greeted me and was very friendly- the room was very clean- the bathroom had a granite counter top and an in room coffee maker- and the most shocking thing of all the TV remote was in a clean santi bag- they actually clean their remotes-

Breakfast was included and was also something unexpectedly nice- only had time for coffee and a bagel but the woman who tended the breakfast room was also very nice and again it was clean!

Over all while this is not a Four Seasons I found the staff just as good as one and if you've got to stay in the area this is a solid option.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor (no elevator) and that was probably a quieter option. Oh and I didn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel was very clean, reasonably priced and staff very friendly, especially Jessie at the front desk. Coffee and fresh cookies available in lobby.
Housekeeping were very thorough when cleaning everyday. Would definitely return for a repeat visit.
The place to stay if visiting the Palouse area of Washington.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Room was clean and certainly large enough. Check-in lady laughed when I said my card didn't open the side doors near my room (she said it happens a lot) but I guess she couldn't fix that. Breakfast was just okay - bread and muffins were stale and it wasn't the nicest looking breakfast room I have seen. It is passable as a motel continental breakfast but I have had much better at other Best Westerns in the USA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel was only 20 minutes from Pullman and 30 from Moscow, ID. The rooms were great, quiet, and VERY clean. It felt as though no one had ever stayed in the room b/c I didn't even notice a stray hair from a previous guest. There were lots of TV channels and free wifi. The internet access was spotty at times and the front desk people did not seem knowledgeable about the technology that the hotel offered. I wanted to use the printer in their little "business center" and there was a problem with the computer that was attached to it. The front desk staff had no idea how to help me, but luckily I had my own laptop and was able to plug in and install the necessary drivers under the watchful eye of the front desk staff. The small fitness center was nice and clean. I didn't use the pool and or spa, but they looked nice. Another pro is that this hotel is extremely easy to find.

I would have given this place a 10/10 if it weren't for sometimes feeling unwelcome or like I was being a bother to the staff.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this hotels, so if you have issues with stairs, you will definitely want t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kennewick
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for one night. The room was clean and very up to date. We had breakfast at
6:00 am and it was all set up. The staff was very friendly. We had made our reservations on line
and received our AARP discount. We will stay there again. We visit our children who live in near
by Albian/Pullman often and prefer not to stay in Pullman.

Room Tip: Reserve early as there is always something going on at WSU and many times rooms are rented a year ah...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Peyton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at. The help was friendly, the room very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good all three mornings that we stayed. Would do again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BWPlusWheatlandInn, Manager at Best Western Wheatland Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Wheatland Inn. If you return to the area make sure you bring your camera. Many people have discovered that the rolling hills of the wheat covered Palouse make for great photo opportunities during the spring and summer. We strive to create a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests during their stay and as always, there hot breakfast every morning! Thanks for your kind words about your time with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Residence Inn Pullman
Hilltop Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow

Been to Best Western Wheatland Inn? Share your experiences!