“Fradulent $25 charge for leaving a mess”

Best Western Wheatland Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
Denver, Colorado
“Fradulent $25 charge for leaving a mess”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stay at Best Westerns all the time. I recently stayed at this location and was astounded to find they charged me an extra $25 for leaving a mess. The manager left a rude viocemail on my cell phone, telling me that the maid complained about a mess?!?!

I called the manager who refused to reverse the charge, was condesceding and and unwilling to discuss the matter. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels and have never delt with such nonesense.

Beware of such fradulent charges at this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank DenTraveler80111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Coos Bay, OR
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We needed to travel to Eastern Washington to visit an ill family member. When I called for reservations I was told that there were no rooms available. When I asked what was going in in Colfax the front desk agent said "I don't know". So I decided to look online to check availability. Rooms were available online so I went ahead and booked the room as there are no other options in this town. I requested a handicap accessible room. Upon our arrival at the hotel I was told that there were now two bedded handicap rooms and they asked if I wanted a king room with a rollaway bed. I told them that would be wonderful. I also let them know that when I called to book I was told the hotel was booked and he said that he didn't know why that was told to me as they were definately not full. The room was pretty cramped with a rollaway bed but it worked ok. This hotel offers a breakfast. The one downside with the breakfast was all the yogurt in the refrigerator had either expired on December 20, 2010 or January 11, 2011. The staff was pretty friendly (except for the rude one when I tried to make reservations).

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank KRS1971
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed in hotel for two weeks during business trip. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to a friend or colleague.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Elma, Washington
Reviewed October 19, 2010

After riding our Harley's all day from Boise, ID, this was a great place to stop. We had to haggle down the price, but got a great, homey room and bisquits and gravy for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I have only positive things to say about the Best Western, Wheatland Inn in Colfax, Washington. Not only was the facility itself well designed and clean, with the best iced tea ever, but the staff and service was also superb. Crystal was the young lady who helped us when we checked in. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We needed to change one reservation and then add another to a different Best Western in Spokane, and she said, "Oh, I can help you with that." She then proceeded to take care of everything! All we had to do was show up and check in! She did an amazing job! In addition to the wonderful service provided, the rooms themselves were very clean and stocked with little extras to make the stay easier. The food was also delicious! I will definitely stay in the Wheatland Inn again! Outstanding!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Wheatland Inn is one of the cleanest and nicest Hotels we have ever visited regardless of price. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Their breakfast offers a lot of choices.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I stayed at the Wheatland Inn in Colfax, Washington while on a Palouse photo tour. I rate lodging on how courteous the staff is, cleanliness, quiet, and comfort level of bed. 5 stars for all. There were also many nice touches such as freshly made chocolate chip cookies and iced tea in the evenings, free wifi in my room and nice fluffy towels. The free breakfast served was my kind of breakfast: juice, granola, yogurt, simple but tasty. But, the staff was the best: friendly, courteous and willing to help with any reasonable request. And, my bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on next to my own back home. Well recommended.

• Stayed June 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Hilltop Inn
#1 of 6 in Pullman
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Courtyard by Marriott Pullman

Been to Best Western Wheatland Inn? Share your experiences!