“Better than Avg.”

Cuisines: Mexican
WA State
“Better than Avg.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always pretty good food and they seem to try and please you. Cleaner and better than other MX place on the south end.

• Visited January 2014

Clinton, Washington
“Probably the better Mexican Restaurant on South Whidbey”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

At there last week and had the special. It was humongous! I ate it for dinner and my husband and I had it for breakfast the next day. Sangria by the liter and half liter is VERY good. Some Mexican restaurants seem very greasy, but this one is not that way. There are a lot of things on the menu that do not interest me, being a good Mexican cook myself, but I can always find something I don't make and it is good. Nothing extraordinary, just good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank D M
Everett, Washington
“Everything smelled like dishwashing soap”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Food is about average ... what you'd get at any other Mexican restaurant. We visited near the end of the evening (just before closing), and the smell of soap (from cleaning up the restaurant for closing?) permeated EVERYTHING. My water tasted like soap, the foyer smelled like soap, and my food didn't have the delighful aroma of freshly baked tortillas and melted cheese that one expects.

I'm not sure I'll go back ... it is hard to get rid of that scented 'memory'.

Visited December 2013
“A nice addition”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've eaten here several times since they opened. The staff has always been very attentive, friendly, and helpful. I always try mole when ever I go to a Mexican restaurant and theirs is really good. I especially like the tamales and enchiladas with mole sauce. And the chile rellenos are excellent. We recently went on a slow weekday night and my husband said to "just surprise him". And did they ever! He had a huge burrito stuffed with delicious seafood and topped with a sauce. Plus rice and beans, it was a meal fit for a king and his queen! It's too bad it's set in the back of a strip mall, but the food and marguerites are worth it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Monaw51
Freeland, Washington
“Very good chile rellenos”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The service is always lacking here. Waitstaff are not trained and always seem to be new. Some of the food is very average, but the chile rellenos are very good, made with fresh whole peppers and lots of cheese. The refried beans and spicy salsa also very good. My friends enjoy the tacos patron, but it is not one of my favorites. Make a margarita at home unless you like lots of sweet yellow mixer and very little tequila flavor.

• Visited July 2013