“definitely worth a visit...”
Review of Pickles Deli

Pickles Deli
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: This is one of those places that you must visit. Inside dining with some of the most delicious sandwiches and soups you can eat. And they remember your name. It is like walking into cheers with over the top food. I would pay a ferry fee to enjoy this food......!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped here after getting off the ferry in Clinton before our day on Whidbey Island.

We were not disappointed. The staff is friendly and helpful and the sandwiches are wonderful. There were five in our group and we tried a variety of different sandwiches. I tried the spicy Italian while my wife tried the Bluebird, and our daughter had the Hero Meatball. I tried a little of each of the sandwiches we ordered and thought they were all fantastic.

I will definitely plan to stop here again when we visit the island.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kim runs a great little sandwich shop in Clinton. Boar's Head meats, great fresh local breads and and ice cream freezer. The Calzones are a Friday fav for us and the cookie sandwiches, complete with a mound of peanut butter could support a small family for a week! Great combinations and options. The lines can grow around lunchtime but it is worth the wait.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place fills up at lunch but that is not saying much considering its size. They serve large sandwiches and other deli fair. The juice and smoothie selection is great. The staff is friendly and chatty and will help with all your needs.
The place deserves a better setting (this strip mall is SAD) but this place perhaps keeps the whole area running.
Keep up the good work.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great salad and sandwches made to your order. They use Boar's Head meats and cheeses. I especially like the Banh Me which is a Vietnamese style sandwich with French influence and I get it in a wrap. My wife likes Mild Italian. Service is great.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Pickles is hands down one of the best deli's I've ever been to. The sandwiches are largely excellent, the salads filling, and the smoothies excellent, without being overdone. The selection of deli meat and cheeses is also great. By using fresh ingredients, you know the food it good, but it does cause some issues with things like tomatoes, which are not always equal. They don't usually have sourdough bread, so take that into account when ordering a custom sandwich. If you are looking to eat between noon and 1pm, you would be best to call it in around 11:30, otherwise it may take a while to get your food.