Chalet Motel
$89
EconoLodge
$65
Best Western Snowcap Lodge(Cle Elum)(Great Value!)
$148
$134
BestWestern.com
Timber Lodge Inn(Cle Elum)(Great Value!)
$83
$75
Stewart Lodge(Cle Elum)
$109
  • Pool
Suncadia Resort(Cle Elum)(Great Value!)
$268
Motel 6 Ellensburg(Ellensburg)
$75
$136
$128
All reviewsmanager mikeroom was cleancable tvplace to staycoffee maker in the roomfree wifiair conditionernon smokingnight staymicrowavetrailerroslynchannelsrateslodgingseattle
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I did a weekend of fly fishing in Yakima (beautiful river, but the trout didn't bite) and stayed in the Chalet Motel. It is a clean and friendly roadside motel run by a dedicated owner, Mike, who is very friendly and chatty. I suspect that some of the negative reviews on here might come from Mikes emphasis on "friendly" rather than the more common "professional and indifferent", and if that is not your cup of tea I guess it can freak you out.
I personally very much enjoyed it and I have a feeling that Mikes dedication means that it will always feel safe and you will not be disturbed by rowdy neighbours (as might happen in other roadside motels). The rooms are basic but clean and just what you need after a long day of fishing.

Jesper

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jesper A
Reviewed June 15, 2013

First off Mike was fantastic at making you feel welcomed. I've traveled thru Cle Elum more times than I can count over the last 45 plus years and never stopped to spend the night...But this time I pulled into the Chalet Motel cause this place is great for a bike rider to be able to pull your gear and take just a few steps into a very clean and good smelling room. For a hardcore traveler like myself.....a microwave , good size fridge, coffee maker and good size screen teley and reasonable rates I'm very satisfied, I will definitely give this place another go. If you're biker getting a late start from the Seattle area the Chalet is a good spot to refresh yourself before that long windy shot to Spokane.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

TLDR: Our room was very clean, beds comfy + Mike is a good guy!

The room has enough space for luggage, it has a fridge, a microwave and a coffemaker. There is also a table with two nice chairs. There is also a TV in the room with a box of some sort on top --- I did not try it out so I dont know what it does.

The beds are spotless and comfy.

Mike, the owner I believe, is a really nice and helpful person. In fact, as we were leaving he even gave us each an apple and told us to have a good trip. That is a first for me :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Came from Tacoma area for a graduation in Ellensburg. Reserved two rooms sight unseen for my family because everything in Ellensburg was FULL. Mike was wonderful. A great host! The rooms were very, very clean and Mike gave the family adjoining rooms which was nice. No swimming pool, no gym, no hot tub...just a darn good place to spend a night at a reasonable rate. I'd return without hesitation.

Room Tip: No animals or smokers! all the rooms are good. The area is quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We came from Yakima and stayed here. We wanted to go to the Brick and have some drinks. We were gonna take a taxi but there were no taxi services in Cle Elum. Michael the owner was nice enough to give us a ride there. He was very kind to us and if I ever stay in Cle Elum again I will be checking in here. You got love people the value your business.

• Stayed: May 2013