“Good room, good price, great host”
Review of Chalet Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cle Elum
Chalet Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Seattle, Washington
“Good room, good price, great host”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Planning a solo getaway from Seattle this past June, wanting to explore the area around Cle Elum and Roslyn, I found the Chalet Motel online. Michael, the manager, gave me a good rate and, when I arrived, a good room. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, full cable and wireless were provided, and it was quiet. Good value for a good price.

When I asked for advice on local restaurants, Michael filled me in on the closest and most tourist-frequented places. When I asked if there was a local pub w/ grill he'd recommend, he recommended the Caboose Bar & Grill, which turned out to be much like the Chalet Motel: friendly service, high quality, and reasonable prices.

I'll stay at the Chalet Motel if I'm in the area again, and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The motel is L-shaped. Most rooms parallel the highway, but the parking lot is large, and the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank WillieLee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here Sept 2, 2011.. I had called and made a reservation, and was quoted a price on the phone. I chose this motel online because it has parking outside the door, and my favorite place was full. We arrived and checked in, the manager was very nice, very friendly. But the room was terrible. The bed was very old and the springs of the mattress dug into us. No extra blanket and it was almost too cold. The carpet was in poor shape, there was no place to set luggage, no place to hang clothing-- no closet! and very poor lighting. The worst part however was the bathroom-- the floor was very dirty, the sink was dirty, and the towels were stained, altho I think they were clean. There was only a tiny shower. Then discussing the whole thing with my husband I found we had been charged almost 30 dollars more than was quoted me on the phone-- for that much we could have had a really nice room down the street. I will NEVER stay there again, and we do go thru Cle Elum around twice a year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Roslyn, Washington
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I traveled to Cle Elum in search of an apartment for my new job in Roslyn. I arrived at night needing somewhere to stay. It's always tough to be somewhere your not familiar with looking for somewhere to stay, but the Chalet motel is certainly a gem in the rough. I was very pleased by the level of cleanliness, the selection of cable channels, the air conditioning, WiFi, appliances, and the customer service was just outstanding. I recommend this motel to anyone who comes to vist the small town of Cle Elum.

Room Tip: All rooms facilities are good& equal.
1 Thank Quinntin H
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was comming to Chalet Motel on my way to Yellowstone.
The motel manager welcomes you very friendly, giving a lot of hints where you'll find what you need on your journey. The room was cozy and clean.
I enjoyed staying at the Chalet Motel and will come back if heading the same route again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Christina439
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 5, 2011

For my business I travel a great deal. 10k miles on the road every month - needless to say, I've been just about everywhere and have seen just about everything so far as lodging goes.

For the most part, when passing through small towns I prefer to stay at the smaller locally owned motels / hotels rather than patronize the chains, so when passing through Cle Elum en route to Seattle I chose the Chalet Motel. I found the owner to be friendly and accommodating and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. It was pretty much everything I needed at the moment and nothing more.

I read the poor review below prior to writing my own and honestly I just have to say that if you're expecting a Fairmont in an old mining town for 80$ a night in peak season, or a hotel that has brand new designer furnishings and a dry cleaning/massage service then the Chalet is not it. But It is a solid, reasonably priced, locally owned business with clean rooms and a friendly staff at the base of the Cascades. It is great if you are here for a scenic vacation or just passing through like I was, but it is probably not for the stuffy and stuck up. So, if you're one of those people and can put your money where your mouth is, spend an extra 300$ and stay at the resort up the road rather than writing inaccurate reviews about a local business that obviously takes pride in what it does.

I would recommend this establishment to my friends and family and will be staying here in the future if I happen to pass through again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CFrancisG
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were travelling through Cle Elum on the way to Yellowstone. The manager of the Chalet Hotel, Michael was so very nice to us. He went out of his way to help us and try to get us everything we needed or wanted.

We did not expect the high prices around labour day and the rodeo in Ellensburg. Everything was full or extremely expensive. We were getting desperate, but Michael got on the phone for us, on the internet and in the end he gave us a great deal at this motel. He was our angel!

The room was very nice too. Clean, spacious and with an extensive tv-channel list. There is an ensuite bathroom with a shower and toilet. In the room there is a refrigirator, a microwave and a coffee maker.

If you are looking for a nice room to take a load off... this is the place to be!

1 Thank Mieke D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were driving back from the Gorge and needed a comfortable place to stay for the night. The Chalet Motel was perfect! The very friendly manager showed us to our room and we got a great nights sleep. I left a pair of earrings in the room by mistake and the manager called me the next day and offered to mail them to me. I give the Chalet Motel 5 stars!

1 Thank Lisa_S_11681
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Chalet Motel? Share your experiences!