“Best Motel around”
Review of Chalet Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cle Elum
Chalet Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was comming to Chalet Motel on my way to Yellowstone.
The motel manager welcomes you very friendly, giving a lot of hints where you'll find what you need on your journey. The room was cozy and clean.
I enjoyed staying at the Chalet Motel and will come back if heading the same route again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Christina439

Reviewed September 5, 2011

For my business I travel a great deal. 10k miles on the road every month - needless to say, I've been just about everywhere and have seen just about everything so far as lodging goes.

For the most part, when passing through small towns I prefer to stay at the smaller locally owned motels / hotels rather than patronize the chains, so when passing through Cle Elum en route to Seattle I chose the Chalet Motel. I found the owner to be friendly and accommodating and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. It was pretty much everything I needed at the moment and nothing more.

I read the poor review below prior to writing my own and honestly I just have to say that if you're expecting a Fairmont in an old mining town for 80$ a night in peak season, or a hotel that has brand new designer furnishings and a dry cleaning/massage service then the Chalet is not it. But It is a solid, reasonably priced, locally owned business with clean rooms and a friendly staff at the base of the Cascades. It is great if you are here for a scenic vacation or just passing through like I was, but it is probably not for the stuffy and stuck up. So, if you're one of those people and can put your money where your mouth is, spend an extra 300$ and stay at the resort up the road rather than writing inaccurate reviews about a local business that obviously takes pride in what it does.

I would recommend this establishment to my friends and family and will be staying here in the future if I happen to pass through again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CFrancisG
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were travelling through Cle Elum on the way to Yellowstone. The manager of the Chalet Hotel, Michael was so very nice to us. He went out of his way to help us and try to get us everything we needed or wanted.

We did not expect the high prices around labour day and the rodeo in Ellensburg. Everything was full or extremely expensive. We were getting desperate, but Michael got on the phone for us, on the internet and in the end he gave us a great deal at this motel. He was our angel!

The room was very nice too. Clean, spacious and with an extensive tv-channel list. There is an ensuite bathroom with a shower and toilet. In the room there is a refrigirator, a microwave and a coffee maker.

If you are looking for a nice room to take a load off... this is the place to be!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mieke D
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were driving back from the Gorge and needed a comfortable place to stay for the night. The Chalet Motel was perfect! The very friendly manager showed us to our room and we got a great nights sleep. I left a pair of earrings in the room by mistake and the manager called me the next day and offered to mail them to me. I give the Chalet Motel 5 stars!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa_S_11681
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very clean and comfortable with all the amenities one would need. Management was very informative and friendly. Would recommend to most anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingseniors_11
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stopped at this motel late at night, really just looking for anywhere that had a bed. We were pleasantly surprised to find that this motel had a good combination of cleanliness, good service and affordability. We enjoyed the availability of free wifi, but most of all the hospitality of the manager Mike. On our road trip across America this summer we have stayed at quite a number of hotels/motels and this was definitely one of the better ones!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The rooms were never cleaned while we stayed there, the owner was not very helpful with our business needs, he was also not there a lot of the time and we had to deal with some lady who had no idea what she was doing at the front desk

Room Tip: Don't stay here