“don't forget your swimsuit!”
Review of Suncadia Resort

Suncadia Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The rooms in the lodge are very spacious. Full Kitchen, Living Room and nice sized Bathroom with both Tub and shower, as well as a large bedroom are included in each room. Also if you want to bring your dog, there are dog-allowed rooms. The valet parking was very convenient.

The spa at Suncadia is fantastic! There are outdoor heated soaking tubs built into the rocks. There are coed ones as well as Men only and women only tubs. (That's why you might want to bring your swimsuit) I had an 80 minute deep tissue massage which was very good. They offer a host of other services including facials/pedicures and many other massage options. Also there's a steam sauna available.

Suncadia has bike rental available and a nice indoor pool with slide as well as a fitness center.

My Husband Golfed twice on site during our stay and enjoyed the course.

We had dinner at the restaurant in the Lodge which was fabulous. I had the Rabbit and my Husband had the Elk. Both sublime.

The only negative thing I would have to say is that the new Winery restaurant on the Suncadia campus was less than average, and the wine was less than good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Suncadia Resort

Reviewed October 7, 2010

The rooms at the resort are so modern and well furnished. The bedding and linens made the sleep that much more cozy and comfortable. The fireplace was a nice touch. All rooms have a nice view of the wooded hills.
I was there for a golf tournament and truly enjoyed a night of piece and quiet. It's the perfect place for a weekend spa getaway.
Though I hear the waterpark is great, I did not use it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We live in the Puget Sound and love to take weekend, mini-trips around the region. Our family has grown and we are in the stage where heading to the islands is no longer a great option since the properties we frequent are not geared towards families w/young children i.e. the Inn at Langley (don't even take kids).
We heard about Suncadia and the amenities for families since their opening, however have stayed away due to a lot of negative feedback from friends, trip advisor, etc.

Nonetheless last weekend on the spur of the moment we got a great deal on a Sunday night so we decidied to finally check it out. We really want to love Suncadia, it's close, family friendly and lot's of fun for the kids. Unfortunately the negative posts and feedback regarding their service quality is true. I won't bother to get into the details, basically along the same lines of what everyone else has written...ok maybe a couple of examples...can't remember the last time the waiter told us the special for dinner was one thing and we rec'd something else??? The waiter told us that they had been 'saying prawns for so long, it just came out that way'...huh?? At least comp the meal or offer a replacement...neither of which was offerred. Also had to tell the bartender that it was 'Happy Hour' based on their electronic reader board outside the bar..he had no idea and actually complained that management doesn't tell him anything??

Not just picking on the F&B folks...it extends beyond and unfortunately through staff memebers in all roles (of course there are exceptions to everything). The management team in place at Suncadia should be replaced for not properly training their staff, I have been to plenty of remotely located 4/5 star resorts and they don't seem to have a problem training their local staff.

My only tip is that if you are going for anything other than the room check before making the reservation that amenities are open, operational and what it costs. We went for the water slides which we found out upon arrival closed at 3p on Sunday and were only open on the weekends. The golf course was closed due to punching of the greens, etc., etc. all of this is fine IF we were told in advance when we were making the reservation...but consistent with the experience I would not be suprised that no one in reservations/front desk knew of these details/closures, etc.

Overall I would go again, the pools are great and the kids love it. I however would not pay more than $200, but would ask to speak to the rec. center/golf course directly to get questions answered and would eat in Roslyn which is 5 minutes away or Cle Elum.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank irelandbuffalo
BradyHatfield, Manager at Suncadia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Hello, my name is Brady Hatfield, and I am the Director of Operations here at Suncadia. As I was reviewing all of the posted reviews, I couldn’t help but take notice of your comments, specifically as it relates to certain service challenges you experienced during your stay. This is clearly not indicative of the service and quality standards we strive to provide, and I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience.

I can be reached at bhatfield@suncadia.com, and would be happy to discuss in more detail the shortcomings of your last visit. I am hopeful that we can win your confidence back, and in turn provide you with a destination and relaxing getaway that is better reflective of our standards here at Suncadia.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We had a great time at Suncadia this weekend. I would warn people upfront that this probably isn't the place to go for a quiet, romantic weekend. It's dog-friendly (we took our mini-dachshund), kid-friendly (note the waterslide when you drive in) , and hosts conferences. So...you may hear canine, kid, and loud sales people noises. But, getting past that, it's a terrific place if you want a wide choice of things to do: Golfing (the golf course is beautiful and challenging), canoeing, hiking, biking, doing spa stuff, renting scooters, relaxing by the pool, etc. I did a massage, after which I relaxed in the spa's garden and had wine and a charcuterie platter. I then tried out the different hot, saltwater pools. I couldn't have been more relaxed. Later, I went to Portals and had a very nice Caesar salad and porterhouse steak. The resort is beautiful and reminds me a lot of Sun River. Make sure you get a "river side" room for the incredible view. I will definitely go back here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank The_Style_Guy
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at Suncadia for two nights for our wedding anniversary. After camping in Olympic National Park for two days and nights, we were more than ready for a luxe, relaxing experience and Suncadia didn't disappoint. We were not disappointed. We had a lovely room at the Lodge with a beautiful river and mountain view (which all rooms have), an amazing anniversary dinner at Portals restaurant with terrific service, we used the pool and hot tub which were delightful after days of hiking, and we even were lucky enough to have dinner the second night at the new Swiftwater Cellars winery on the property before it was open to the public. The staff was friendly and attentive but not invasive, our room was clean and featured a washer and dryer (which we were super grateful for) a kitchen and a huge bathroom. The resort is about 90 minutes east of Seattle, close enough for a day trip into the city, Bellevue or Woodinville for wine tasting, though we opted to drive the hour east to Leavenworth for a day trip. We haven't felt so spoiled in a long time - and we stay at resorts a few times a year at places like the Oregon coast and Carmel, CA.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed in a penthouse studio suite which was beautifully designed, but the kitchen was badly stocked with not enough glasses for more than a meal. The bed was broken in some way we couldn't figure out- the head of the bed was lower than the foot! We asked for housekeeping when we left the room on Sunday at noon. At 9 pm, the room still wasn't done- so we called, and instead of cleaning it, they handed us 5 towels and didn't even bother to pick up the dirty linen. The next day we asked for late check out due to a golf tournament (HELD AT THEIR COURSE!) just so we could get our stuff rather than pack up early, and they said they would charge us extra. It wasn't worth arguing with the guy at the front desk. They had few other guests that morning and no one visibly checking in- it wasn't like someone was destined for our room at noon. Some rooms around us were vacant the whole time we were there- so I guess they just figured they couldn't extend a courtesy to a guest. It isn't enough for it to have one good restaurant and a nice valet. For the high prices they charge, they should have good housekeeping supervision and some sense of what is proper for a late check out if a guest is only there because of an event on the property. I don't know if we'll go back. Initially we were very excited to see a nice place so close to Seattle where we could go to fish and bike, but we probably won't return. It is also full of chilren and people with barking dogs. If you have kids and barking dogs, then you'll fit in because it seems to be designed for that! It isn't for everyone- and especially would be bad for a honeymoon.

2  Thank YumYum2008
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Suncadia is a wonderful and very unique place. The setting is magnificent: the property lies near the small town of Cle Elum, WA in a lovely little valley that is heavily forested and very beautiful. There are many activities to suit people of all ages, including two golf courses, a large aquatic facility, spa, kid's camp, hiking, biking, rafting and more. My husband and I stayed at the Lodge at Suncadia, which was very enjoyable. We highly recommend the two bedroom penthouse suite, which is very large and laid out quite well. It would be perfect for a family with children or for two couples to share. The bedrooms are large and feature the most comfortable beds we've encountered on vacation in a long time. Bathrooms are luxurious, spacious and tastefully done. The suites feature full kitchens as well. The decor is pleasing and the view of the property, mountain ranges and forest from the balcony is excellent. The staff is courteous and service is fast even when the hotel is busy. Room service in general is very good, with a fairly wide assortment of tasty food offered compared with other hotels of this caliber. The spa is lovely, and we highly recommend it as well. The lodge is situated on a very large piece of property along with another hotel, the Inn, as well as private residences along the golf courses that you can rent. The entire compound is very unique and very relaxing to visit. They also welcome dogs, which is a nice feature. Check out their great website for photos and helpful information.

2  Thank cmkr1969
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!