“Exceptional Resort - Great for Families!”
Review of Suncadia Resort

Suncadia Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
“Exceptional Resort - Great for Families!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Excellent resort for families! A lot of kid-friendly activities.

My husband and I traveled for a 1 night stay-cation. We live in downtown Seattle and Suncadia was a great nature escape for us. Working in the hotel industry for 7 years I can be a bit overly concious of customer service and cleanliness and I tend to have high expectations. Suncadia met and exceeded my expectations. There were a few small things, but the level of service and amenities compensated. You can literally walk and hike for hours, dine in or dine out, swim at the lodge pool or the resort fitness facility with water slides, sauna, and steam room. There is local recreation (canoes, kayaks, paddle boards) for all ages, a spa for relaxation, and a new espresso bar for a morning jump start.

We will be back! Thank you for a wonderful evening away!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are Resort View Only & $75.00 Pet Fee- Not Worth it for a short stay, but com...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carissa R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Played Prospector and Rope Rider. Both courses challenging and in excellent shape. Then an evening at the spa after playing 18 holes. I slept like a baby and was ready to hit the golf course the next morning. This is the life.

Room Tip: If you're not into fancy dining, you can always drive in to Cle Elum and have dinner at any of t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frances S
SuncadiaManager, General Manager at Suncadia Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Frances S,

It is great to hear that you were able to come enjoy both of Suncadia’s championship golf courses. Both Prospector, the Arnold Palmer designed course, and Rope Rider, the Jacobson Hardy designed course, are an experience every golfer should experience! We hope to see you many more times in the near future and come back to enjoy more of the great activities Suncadia has to offer.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband went to a conference here and I got the pleasure to come along. It was a beautiful drive up and such a lovely place. It has a rustic feel, Have I mentioned the view. You could spend all day just looking at the mountains. You get pampered all day with the spa, there is a full gym and pool with classes for spinning or core. The lap swimming includes a proper pool that is 25 yards. You can hike, eat, relax, and the view is beautiful. The staff is impeccable!! Courteous, helpful, and answered all my questions. I just wish I could have stayed longer. Oh and the food is really good as well!

Room Tip: Ask for a backroom, better view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I came for a conference over a weekend and wish I had added a few extra days to my stay! The staff was friendly and helpful and I felt like a guest in a friend's home. I was amazed that the property was full as I hardly noticed the other travelers. It was the most refreshing stay I have ever had and I cannot wait to come back. I have already begun speaking to my husband about properties for sale!

Room Tip: When I saw the view of the river from the opposite side of the hotel from my room I was a little bum...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Camas, Washington
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a regular stop due to an annual medical conference. Always enjoyed a well run luxury hotel but something changed!

Broken tiles, bad configuration (putting a 2nd group's lunch in front of our conference office, restricting the flow... Just plain dumb planning), a phone call to make sure govern thing is right in the room instead of making sure it was right. (Seriously, someone forgot soap ) Get a load of the center pieces at lunch. I suppose a coal lamp is cute, but it looks like the 3rd grade class at the local school.

When I originally called for a reservation, they were sold out for the. 2nd night, but most of the time, I just ask to be put on a wait list. Of course. I didn't get a call, and later found out at least six colleagues had cancelled, so I could have altered my arrangements accordingly.

The problem here is that this is supposed to be a top rank luxury hotel, but the level of service and attention to detail this time was at a level I would be happy with at a Motel 6.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ZagreusAmmon
Dear ZagreusAmmon,

We appreciate your attendance at the annual medical conference held at Suncadia. We strive to deliver an exceptional and consistent experience for all our guests at Suncadia and appreciate your feedback when we fall short. We were concerned to hear your comments about the outdoor tiles and decking that are in need of some attention. We agree and have noted this area to ensure we bring it up to the Suncadia standard.

We have also noted your comments in regards to the luncheon buffet set up as it may not have been as ideal as in past years due to the increased demand we are experiencing for our exceptional conference space but we will strive to continue to work with meeting planners to maximize these facilities so we can deliver for all guests.

We do also do a post arrival call to all our guests to ensure that everything is to your liking upon arrival. Our hope is that we are delivering an important service touch to our guests to help guarantee our guests have a wonderful and memorable experience at Suncadia. We look forward to you return next year with your conference.

Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We returned to Suncadia for the third time in April and were once again delighted in every way. My wife and I were on our way to visit relatives in eastern Washington, so it staying here breaks up the drive. It is only an hour and a half from Kirkland. We travel a lot and felt completely pampered and well taken care of even our our short stay.

We arrived early on a Thursday and hoped to hike one of the many trails. The attentive bellmen put our bags in storage and we checked in but couldn't get into a room for a couple hours.

The problem is that it was raining. (The day before it was nice, so that was disappointing). However, the hotel provides giant golf umbrellas which easily kept the rain off. This time we hike the south side of the hotel and followed the cute trail all the way down to the river. Really a lot of fun and beautiful forest and early flowers. The front desk called us to say our room was ready around 3:30 PM. This is really a lovely hotel, with an old time mountain lodge feel and pleasant views of the hills and river.

When we got to our room, we discovered that it was the mountain side and I had requested a river view like we had the last time. That was a disappointment, but not much of one because I know all oft the rooms are great. But, we didn't go in and turned around to go back to the front desk to ask about getting a river view. This was a Thursday, so we figured they wouldn't be fully booked. We realized later that they had a convention that night.

When we got to the first floor we ran into a manager going the opposite direction. She asked if there was something wrong and we explained that we had our hearts set on a river view (request at booking from their web page, with is a bit more price as part of the bed and breakfast package).

Then we were stunned by her response. She said, look let's get you an upgrade.

Wow! We didn't get a river view, but we did get a full condo --- which is huge. We stayed in one of these full suites before and it is about $150 more. It has a kitchen, living room, large bedroom and large bath. The bed and linens are just wonderful. Really, you could live there comfortably.

After dinner at Portals, we watched the Hunger Games film on the TV (when it was still in theaters) and drank coffee and tea.

If you want a top of the line hotel experience for a reasonable price for a mountain get a way, please book here. I don't think Tripadvisor members should expect upgrades like the one we got, but this time Suncadia blew us away.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We enjoyed the river view, so see if you can get one. The studio rooms are cost...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank garjog1
Dear Garjog1,

Thank you for your review! We love hearing about our guests experience and especially when our team here goes above and beyond to give you the Suncadia experience. I am so glad our Front Office Manager, Camie, was able to introduce herself and ensure you had a wonderful stay with us. I look forward to your return and many more amazing and memorable trips to Suncadia.

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I enjoy an opportunity to hit Suncadia any chance I get! Very peaceful and relaxing environment. I have visited on a few different occasions: with my kids and for a girls get away. Both visits met and exceeded my expectations. Made great use of the full kitchen when I brought the kids and enjoyed the restaurants when visiting with girlfriends. Looking forward to return visits!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!