“Two thumbs up!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Ellensburg, Washington
“Two thumbs up!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I decided to try Suncadia recently. I was skeptical at first, but was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the trip. We were scheduled for a 12:00 tee time on the prospector course. We arrived early and decided to have lunch at the Canary. WOW! The food was fantastic! But what really won me over was the service. Our waitress' name was April. She was very polite andhelpful. She also had plenty of recommendations on food to try, and things to do around Suncadia. After lunch we played 18 holes on Prospector, one of the two full courses available. The course was fast, fun, clean and challenging. These courses are not repetitive like most in the area. I highly recommend checking into Suncadia if your looking to golf, vacation, or just have a good time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A great place to get away from the city and into the elements, while still having the hospitality aspects of a hotel. The rooms are nice, very cozy and comfortable. The concierge could have done a better job, as it seems more family oriented. All their amenities and services are great. Staff is excellent. I was surprised to about how plain the Penthouse felt, but I assumed it was that homey feeling. Regardless we had a great time!

Room Tip: Go eat at the winery, but watch out for the fruit flies!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SuncadiaManager, General Manager at Suncadia Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear SLim986,

What a pleasure to hear about your stay with us! Glad to see you had a great time here at Suncadia and we look forward to hearing about your next adventure out of the city with a quick drive to Suncadia!

Steilacoom, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I came to Suncadia for a relaxing weekend... Our stay was exceptional!! Amy in 56 Degrees, the lounge in the resort, made our stay phenomenal!!! Her customer service and just out right friendly service made our stay! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

On a recent 2 night stay at Suncadia's Lodge Hotel? I found the experience to be an "almost" pleasurable event. Suncadia is an odd mix of nature and real estate. It is by "the most part" a large rolling low mountain area of "For Sale" not as much "For FUN or RELAXATION". The Lodge is an 7ish story hotel with a lobby, bar, restaurant, postage size pool, and conference rooms done in a post modern, craft's manish, underly Northwest designed, Microsoft loving, nature pushing, wickerish swirl.
The people who work in the hotel are friendly and present, but this is about where the pleasure stops. The rooms feel as apartments rather than suites and the list of activities and nearby town can fill exactly 3 hours of enjoyment given it is not covered in snow or sunshine. (This is WA, 80% of the days are grey and wet)
When the room was booked we were told to hurry because it was filling fast. On a Tuesday and Wednesday? Well, full to this booking agent turned out to be less than 50 guests in the entire lodge and inn. Also the greatest "pleasure" of the trip was the trucks and dirt blowing machine that greeted us each morning before 9a.m. out our picture window of a hillside under construction.
I think the idea of Suncadia started off as a good one years ago but somewhere along the way the money ran out and so did the fun. It's pretty but not a TRUE destination. I can't believe people spend millions on the homes in this cookie cutter world of overly worked NWish homes.
Microsoft was present in the house in meetings and such but even with this "small" group the evening activities opened and ended with drinking. No live music, no fun wine tasting, no dessert special, no lobby fun.

Again I want to say the staff was friendly and young, but bring small bills for tipping. Breaking a hundred dollar bill was like open heart surgery for this group. Don't think we will be returning to Suncadia, for the price there are many other options around the state and many with a better mountain feel. (minus the construction and blowers/weed eater/trucks back and forth/netted hillside of sadness) Just saying...

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room, you will want the space. Higher floor, more space.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beentheredonethat47
Dear Beentheredonethat47,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your Suncadia Experience. We pride ourselves here at Suncadia for having a wonderful getaway for owners, leisure guests and conference guests. In the Lodge, we offer many different room types ranging from lovely studio king rooms up to two and three bedroom penthouses. With these different options, there are varying levels of amenities such as kitchens, living rooms and bathroom configurations. In addition, we offer the Inn at Suncadia, Luxury Vacation Homes and the Trailhead Condominiums.

While, I was disappointed to hear that you were affected by the noise outside your room with the construction of our new exciting "1000 Steps" project, we are very happy to be hosting the grand opening of this new fun amenity for our guests that gives them a direct gateway to the Cle Elum river valley from the front of the Lodge.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and introduce you to some great activities that we have such as complimentary s'more night, wine, beer and craft cocktail tasting in the Great Room, live music, ice skating, rope-tow tubing hill, waterslides and many other great activities.

Thank you again for your feedback and we would love to welcome you again in the near future.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was only at the resort for 2 days but was sad to not be able to hike ect due to the smoke from the fires near by. Due to the smoke I was not feeling very well so I decided to order room service for dinner. When Cassandra delivered my meal and noticed I was not feeling very well, she asked me if there was anything she could do or get me. She was so polite and nice and went above and beyond to make me feel better. So when I decided to order the cookie skillet for dessert, she made sure she brought it up when it was nice and warm!

Thank you Cassandra for making me feel better! I appreciate you! I will be sure to ask for you personally if I am lucky enough to visit Suncadia Resort again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Rented a house for two of us. Extremely nice and well worth it. Would advice and family or couple that needing a getaway to go there and use spa and get massages. We will be back when the ice skating is open.

Room Tip: Book the #30 house
1 Thank Ben C
Dear Ben C,

I was pleased to hear you were able to stay and enjoy one of our wonderful and luxurious vacation homes. Your pictures of the home are great as well! We hope to see you again soon for our kick off of Winterfest and the ice skating rink next Friday!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to go on a last minute getaway and found this secluded yet classy little gem. Friday evening had a great meal at the Swifttwater Winery and listened to relaxing music at the 56 degrees lounge. In the morning went for an invigorating walk around the property to check out the beautiful grounds then settled in at Portals for a yummy gourmet breakfast. Very restful and romantic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cle Elum
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!