“A girls weekend to remember!”
Review of Suncadia Resort

Suncadia Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights in a lovely 2 bedroom penthouse suite! We ate on site and we also enjoyed the winery for several yummy meals! The staff was friendly, attractive ;-) and attentive and despite the majority looking so young they were all very professional! We were surprised by how many kids and dogs there were. but we had opted to leave the kiddos at home, however we were never bothered by either the dogs (only heard a bark once!) or the kids during the stay. Lots of space both inside and out for everyone to spread out. The pool area (with two fun waterslides) had indoor and outdoor cold and hot pools as well as a sauna and steam room - fab! We were very sad to see that the yoga class we wanted to take would have required an extra $10/person fee! Really after all the money we spent on the room etc you'd think that could be included! We did not feel pressured to use the spa which unfortunatly was a bit expensive especially after the room and all the meals. Nice walking paths around the resort - we even saw three deer (two young with mama!). Overall a wonderful stay, great food and a place I would take my family to later.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HeidiW227
SuncadiaManager, Front Office Manager at Suncadia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear HeidiW227,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Suncadia experience on TripAdvisor! I was excited to read all your wonderful comments on your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back with your family on your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Kristin Jeffries
Front Office Manager
kjeffries@suncadia.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We used this hotel as a base for exploring North Cascades National Park and Mount Ranier National Park. I chose it based on Fodor's recommendation and our desire for a luxury lodging experience. It is luxurious, but remote. It seems many corporations host retreats at this resort and we encountered many people wearing name badges and scurrying about to meetings. The bellman told us about 60% of their clientele are here on business. We did not use the spa or golf course.

We did like our room and the view. Since we were traveling, we used the washer and dryer in the room. It is nice that the room has a kitchen, but it feels more like a condominium project that fizzled during the housing crisis. We might use a water glass or two each day and the housekeeper would run a full cycle in the dishwasher. Seems like an extravagant use of water resources.

The on-site restaurant Portals was the bargain. The portions were large. The breakfast and dinner were well prepared and served pleasantly and efficiently by the waitstaff. The current "special" of the resort is the inclusion of breakfast in your room rate---up to $50. We had a hard time eating more than $25 or $30 each morning we were there (three days). It was kind of lonesome dining with only one or two other tables each time we went. We could hear the conventioneers enjoying their meals in a nearby conference room.

One last note: the rooms have wonderful, large balconies overlooking the valley and the river. Our upstairs neighbors enjoyed their balcony and some alcohol beginning at 11 pm and lasting until 12:30 am. I'm guessing they were part of the conventioneers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinchesterTrust
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Let"s start out with the "Good"! Suncadia is beautiful. I love the Lodge and surroundings couldn't be more beautiful. Upon arrival my husband and I went directly to our room which appeared very nice. We were hungry so we went to Portals and enjoyed a lovely meal with excellent service from Stephen and Ken. We were there to celebrate our 44th anniversary and everything was going so wonderfully until we went back to our room, I didn't notice it at first until we were going to sleep, but our room was situated next to a hall doorway that we heard opening and closing multiple times at least until 11:30. I had a hard time getting to sleep and then it started again at 6:30 am waking me up. I decided to take a nice soak in the tub and found there was no bathtub stopper. I didn't want to complain and ruin what was supposed to be a romantic weekend away so I didn't mention it to my husband right away. Later when we were talking the subject of the door noise came up so my husband went to the front desk to inquire about a room change. The desk clerk was kind enough to move us to another room. Everything was great until a dog next to us started barking at 11:30 and again I woke up to this barking dog at 6:00am.
At least this room had a stopper in the tub!!! For the price of $250. per night I felt we were ripped off. Why not put all people with dogs in one part of the lodge and away from people without pets? Why not do something to make that door stop banging? All the people working there were more than polite, but I didn't feel that we received any workable solutions to our problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marylu C

Dear Marylu C,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing a detailed experience of your stay. I was disappointed to read about your experience with us and I am very sorry for the issues your experienced during your stay. We appreciate all feedback and

I would be grateful if you can email me at kjeffries@suncadia.com so that we can further discuss your stay.

Look forward to speaking with you!

Warm Regards,

Kristin Jeffries
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We reserved a 1 bedroom suite and upon arrival noticed that the bathtub did not have a stopper so it would not hold water. After alerting the front desk of this, Whittney (at the front desk) without hesitation upgraded us to a 1 bedroom penthouse along with a bottle of wine and an apology note. She really made us feel like we mattered to her and the company she represents. Our stay was wonderful, the room was very clean and in order, everything was top notch. The grounds are spectacular. We visited the Swiftwater Winery where we sat outside on the patio in front of one the huge fire pits and enjoyed our bottle of Old No. 9 red wine and a flatbread pizza. I would definately recommend this resort for some great R&R.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank plowboy57
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Immediately upon arrival, I was transported from the hustle & bustle of the city to a tranquil setting. Very peaceful setting - spend time at the winery, on their beautiful patio overlooking the forest/river. Then at night we enjoyed our vino al fresco under the stars at Portals restaurant. Just a very relaxing time (especially for a business trip). Will definitely return with my husband for a personal trip ... I even heard it is beautiful in winter with snow covering the entire property and carriage rides. Definitely recommend - a short trip from Seattle for R&R.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Carolyn J
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my groups' second conference at the resort. The staff really did a good job with the room set up. Lots of 2 person tables with good walking room between the chairs and tables. Good morning breakfast and evening receptions. Dinner for the banquet was well done with a buffet of salmon, chicken and beef. Little glitches with the IT portion of the conference but it was worked out.
The room 2045 is stellar. Good views of the mountains and very, very quiet. It is a one bedroom suite and is next to the stairs so the sleeping area is silent. Nice balcony and chilled glasses in the freezer make you feel pampered to get back to the room and relax. I am looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: This was purchased through VRBO at a substantial savings. Stellar host.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank xterrared
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have stayed at the Suncadia resort a number of times now. A few for Business conventions, a time or two for a get a way, and a few times with family. We have rented homes and also stayed in the lodge. The lodge is great, rooms are great, views spectacular. Mostly positive and we would certainly go back. The main pool area is great for kids and has two indoor waterslides that kept my girls entertained for a long time. The main outside pool is a little more sedate and is lacking a little kid area in the pool. They have great lifeguards and a outdoor bbq and bar service. It is a great resort. there are a few things that could go better especially when they are fully booked in the summer months and know that they have capacity. They need more chairs outside for people to sit on. They need to hire a few extra helpers at the pool to bring food out or collect baskets/ garbage and keep it looking nice. In a perfect world, having servers at the pool side would be wonderful but I understand why that doesnt make sense for the location of the resort. At the resort, I thought that the food was good at the Portals restaurant. I liked one or two of my dishes but honestly didnt love anything and it is fairly pricey. I did like the dinner at the winery but I dont believe that they are affiliated with the resort. All in all, the servers at Portals were really good and we felt well cared for. I think the resort could also improve the convenience of the resort with maybe a few necessary items in their "store" or cafe because driving in to town for some elementary needs is a pain - or maybe it was that those items were in there, but the cafe seems to close pretty early.
Also, this last stay I had an issue with the front desk as i had asked to be put on the wait list for a two bedroom suite, and had reserved a specific one bedroom suite with a river view, but then they tried to put us way over at the condos - but still in a one bedroom. When I said that wouldn't work because we'd be too far from the pool for my young kids, the young lady but us in a room with a view of nothing but a large wall over the convention area and right near the airconditioner unit or some loud machinery. I talked to the bell person and he mentioned that they werent even close to capacity! I was not happy. We called the front desk and this person seemed confused as there were apparently quite a few of the river view rooms available. I'd made our reservation months in advance. Since we had been there a number of times and were multiple repeat customers, I was not pleased that the front desk person lied to us (I was with my 7 year old daughter) and almost mentioned it to the manager. She had lied and told me they were all full and out of the river view rooms. I did not think it was a nice way to treat repeat customers.

Room Tip: with Kids going to the pool, I think on the north side of the resort are best. We've been on bo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!