“Enjoyable Experience at The Lodge at Suncadia”
Review of Suncadia Resort

Suncadia Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently had the opportunity to stay at The Lodge at Suncadia while attending a business conference and it was a very enjoyable experience.

I stayed in a third floor room in The Lodge with a king bed. The room was extremely clean and well appointed with a gas fireplace at the foot of the bed. The bathroom was spacious, although the combined shower/tub was smaller and less luxurious than I expected.

Food and drink were excellent, and the bar (Portals) probably had the most generous pours of The Macallan 18 that I've ever seen in my life. :-)

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating and went out of their way to make sure that guests were happy.

The resort itself is extremely nice and the golf courses were tremendous. I played the Tumble Creek Golf Course and it was very challenging, meticulously maintained, and there were beautiful views in every direction.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river and surrounding mountains. The view is absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank msenske

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Suncadia. My wife and I were in one room and our daughter and son-in-law and their two sons were in another room. The rooms in the lodge were nice, the food was good, and the staff was friendly. One thing that bothered me, however, was having to pay a $20 daily resort fee. I was aware of that when I made the reservations and our two grandsons swam in the pool. But for my wife and myself who did not use any of the resort amenities, it was a charge I was not very happy about.
One nice thing our grandchildren enjoyed was having S'mores one night at a fire pit which the resort has for just such a purpose.

Room Tip: We reserved rooms on the side facing the river and enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Skytop82
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We went in late August. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which is really fantastic. The views across the ridge from the balcony were spectacular. The food was very good, and the wine list was decent, heavy on Washington wines, which I like. The decor throughout was lovely. The staff were incredibly friendly and aimed to please, but they often lacked correct information and had not received proper training for a property at that level. However, I would reiterate that what they lacked in training and information they made up for with smiles. The spa was great, too. My only real complaint had nothing to do with the property itself, but with the wind, which was relentless. When it was 85 degrees, it was tolerable, but the next day when it was 65 degrees, the wind was so chilling. It blew non-stop, all day and all night. We weren't there with our child, but the place was really family friendly, and the kid's menu was one of the best I have ever seen anywhere. If it weren't for the wind, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubaelf
Reviewed September 17, 2011

4 adults and 3 yr old visited mid-August 2011. Upon arrival, our room at Trailhead Lodge was not ready and staff were totally unhelpful in this regard; no suggestions for what to do as we waited and incorrect directions for where we should park. Only steeply priced coffee and tea available (suggestion: free coffee/tea/water in your lobby is a cheap but welcoming plus). Had to rent a bike for 24 hrs as the shop was closing at 4. Pool only open to kids at 10am (hey staff, they get up early, let'em in at 8:30 or 9). Fabulous children's playground, golf was excellent and green fees cheap, pool is lovely but you have to drive to some amenities as this resort is spread out; road signage is terrible, plan to get lost. Room was spacious and clean but already showing wear. Food at golf course cafe was bad and expensive and offered few healthy choices in a resort that is all about healthy activities. The place is beautiful and offers lots of activities for people who like the outdoors; the staff were almost all cheery but poorly trained for the level this resort aims to meet. Very expensive accommodation compared to other similar resorts (with far better service and food) in the Pacific Northwest, .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We were given a golf outing as a gift. We stayed at the Lodge and were very pleased with the size and decor of our room. Our dinner at Portals was outstanding. It rivaled any good restaurant in Seattle. We golfed at the new Rope Rider course, and while the driving range was not completed, we enjoyed the course. It is a course that those with higher handicaps can enjoy. We do not have young children, but from what we could see, the amenities for younger kids at Suncadia would make for a very nice, family outing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was a last minute; get out of town trip for me and my husband, 13 and 2 yo. We stayed in the Lodge Studio with 1 king bed and 1 pull out sofa sleeper-no fireplace-village view. Checked in 5pm on a Saturday and checked out the next morning. We loved how the lodge brought us back to nature-picturesque views everywhere, minimal landscaping to preserve the beauty of the area, lots of activities for kids and adults, and an abundance of trails all around the property. We did an early morning jog, took a yoga class at the fitness center, ate at the outdoor grill, roasted smores on a patio table underneath all the stars, swam in the indoor and outdoor pool, went down the waterslides, and worked out in the fitness center. The lodge truly promotes an active lifestyle for families and granted we were busy, the trip was very relaxing.
The room is fully equipped with a large shower/tub, comfortable bed. We cooked breakfast in our room as all utensils are provided. My 13 yo slept on the pull out sleeper and she didn’t complain about it, so it wasn’t as bad as we thought it was going to be. The detail of work and overall design is impressive and inspiring. The front desk was nice and helpful.
Now for some minor disappointments: one of the monthly dinners was cancelled (Crown Royal), the little tikes buffet was cancelled, and 3 different employees gave us 3 different times when the slides were going to close (and it was early-6pm on a Saturday night)

Other than that, I highly recommend the lodge. We plan on going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gogoeverywhere
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just spent a fantastic weekend St this resort. Amazing amount of activities offered and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Rooms with fantastic views and upgraded amenities. Fairly pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Cle Elum Travelers Inn
#7 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!