“Hoist House at Swiftwater Cellars”

Hoist House Restaurant at Swiftwater Cellars
Reserve with OpenTable
Hoist House Restaurant at Swiftwater Cellars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Suncadia Drive
Description: Swiftwater Cellars is nestled on the historic Roslyn No. 9 Coal Mine in the heart of the Cascade Mountains. Its unique location within a renowned resort makes it a destination within a destination offering premium Swiftwater Cellars’ wines and Pacific Northwest cuisine, mountain outlooks, championship golf and private dark sky observation. Swiftwater Cellars is the focal point of Northwest living with European style. It provides you with a natural sense of mountain elegance and is ideal for weddings or private parties, a venue to reinvent the team spirit of your business or simply, a home away from home to renew in the comforts of fresh air and outdoor activities. Swiftwater Cellars saddles the Cascade Mountains along the Interstate 90 corridor being the ideal location for a quick one hour plus drive from Seattle or the place to stop on the way to the other side of the state. The Swiftwater family looks forward to your visit and we ensure you and your guests the opportunity to take part in all the Northwest has to offer.
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Restaurant has a nice menu with great service and beautiful location. We have had two large family gatherings there and will be back.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

This place is beautiful, the staff and owers are friendly and there to make it a great visit. Service was perfect, wines are great.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We love this place. We live about 80 miles away and make it a point to eat here on our way to Seattle every trip. When you walk in the strucutre you immediatly feel comfortable and at home. The food is amazing and the service outstanding.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I are very pleased with Swiftwater Cellars over all. We live outside of the resort a few miles away and it is our restaurant of choice for our out of town guests. The food is quite good as is the wine. We have had an excellent professional server everytime we've gone.

Our favorite part of Swiftwater Cellars is the owner, Don Watts. He has almost always been on site when we've gone there and always greets us personally. He takes the time to welcome you and express his appreciation for giving him your business. He shared with us he and his wife's dream of the winery and the welcoming atmosphere they wanted to create there. He even gave us a lengthy tour of the winery and his great pride and passion was very evident.

That openess and customer appreciation is a very rare thing anymore and that is why we go back. Customer service is everything in a restaurant. It cancels out a slow service, stale bread plate or an occasional cold soup in my mind.

Recently the winery needed help sorting grapes for this fall's crush and Linda Trotta, the wine maker, requested it via their email list. My husband and I were quick to volunteer and give a hard day's work picking leaves out of 10 tons of merlot grapes! It was fun and a good experience (brought back memories of the old Lucy Show at the candy factory).

It's restaurant layout is not particularily a 'romantic', or 'intimate' setting , but very tasteful. I would highly recommend this winery for a bite to eat on a cold day or for a very special event. They have live music Friday and Saturday nights in the casual wine bar/ fireplace area, with comfortable couches and chairs to sit back in. A very nice experience and great owners.

The only change I'd make if I were Don, is to remove the Sports Television sets from the wine bar and restaurant bar. (But I hate televised sports, so that's my bias). The parking lot and walk-ways are very dark on moonless nights, but I think the resort has limitations on lighting.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The service we experienced at the Hoist House Restaurant far exceeded my expectations. The staff was extremely attentive despite being full to capacity. The food that Chef Paul Cotta prepared was excellent and he came through on several occasions to check on operations. The atmosphere topped off the evening. The building is large and rustic with a massive dining area and patio overlooking the resort golf course. I had not had high expectations given my experience with the resort lodging and am pleased to see at least one aspect of this destination operating in a fashion and spirit of service.

The restaurant is built at a location that was once a coal mine. Some of the old facilities still exist and the architects and developers have worked these into the design of the building and landscape.

I am assuming that the facility is child friendly. We did not have our girls along on the trip but there were many families when were present and appeared to be enjoying fare as much as we were.

I knocked the rating down by one for "romance" since it was my observation that it was more of a "busy" dining experience. There were a lot of people in the dining room and there were a lot of moving pieces and a good load of conversational buzz. I still was able to hear my dining partners and, combined with the staff, it left me with the impression typical of a busy family establishment and not the one on one romantic isolation typical of romantic escape.