“Homestead is open only in the summer”

Homestead Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: A great little restaurant open for lunch & dinner. Fantastic barbeque!! A real find in a small town when travelling across the state of Washington.
Seattle
“Homestead is open only in the summer”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I wanted to eat some of their excellent ribs and it was winter and they were closed. They should be opened all year around. winter comes, there are the skiers, snow mobilers and hunters that come along and would like to have some fine cooked ribs.

Visited December 2011

Seattle
“Glad we stopped!”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stopped for lunch and were glad we did. My husband had the BBQ beef sandwich and macaroni salad and enjoyed both. I had the turkey croissant with a side salad and it was great. We will definitely eat here again when we pass through Cle Elum...a clean, quick, and tasty spot for lunch.

Washington State
“Good,clean, great desserts”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Good food, clean restaurant and bathrooms, nice atmosphere, and great desserts. Better than any other place in the area. Hours vary depending on the time of year, so check it out.

“Don't waste your money or time”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This used to have awesome BBQ and never disappointed us. Had the pork sandwich and even with adding more sauce the pork was so dry. The cole slaw tasted like it was old. We took 3 bites out of the sandwichs and left without finishing them. Mentioned to one of the employees about our disappointment and they did say anything back to us.

Lacey, WA
“You have been warned!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Let me first say as a rule, my husband NEVER ever complains at a restaurant about the quality of the food or service, he just wouldnt go back. This restaurant is the first exception. Be warned- if you order a "Prime Steak", it isnt. Not only is it not prime rib ( fair enough, my assumption) it isnt even a cut of meat you'd ever consider the best the restaurant had. $18 a plate for a chewy, inedible piece of skirt steak that they drown in a really bad BBQ sauce. If you know your meat, skirt steak isnt a cut you generally serve as a hunk, you have to slice it thin against the grain to be able to chew it, its often used for fajitas. To really add insult to injury, the wait staff was immature, at best. They'd come by and ask us how we liked it, I'd mention I wasnt expecting my steak to come covered in BBQ sauce, as it didnt say so anywhere on the menu. Then they'd go around the corner and talk about us as if we werent there. (Btw, lest you think we're difficult, we didnt send it back, we didnt ask for money off, I was just honest that it wasnt our favorite, and ate our potatoes and salad gladly).One girl had the gall to go over to another patron and ask very, very loudly " You like the prime steak dont you!? You like it covered in our BBQ sauce, dont you!?" The eldest gal, who seeemed to be the acting manager, asked my husband what he thought and he just finally had to pipe in. He did it nicely and she replied " I guess I dont know what you're talking about because I dont like steak so, yeah". It was really truly so bad, it was almost comical. But, wait! It gets better! I am thinking they were going to redeem the horrific service: The "Manager on Duty" gal came again to apologize that we didnt like the preparation , asking if she could make it up to us by offering a delicious "non slathered in bbq sauce" (wink-wink) dessert! Go pick out anything you like! Super! The catch? They brought us a check for the "on us" desserts! Ten more dollars for the worst meal ever! Btw, sign in the parking lot says " for sale by owner", hmmmm... wonder why?

Visited August 2011