“Good, a bit spendy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had the chicken cacciatorre , the prep was good, but the chicken was a bit overdone. Others in my party had the sampler (very good) and the spaghetti (also v. good). The shrooms in cream sauce is a really good appetizer. We have visited here a few times over the last ten years, and they are pretty consistently good. As other reviewers have stated, you can expect to wait for a table, and this is more of a social evening place, expect to spend a few hours here with good friends & good food. This is dining, not fast-food ;-) The prices are not cheap, but neither is the good food or the good service. I recommend it to others for a nice leisurely dinner

There are newer reviews for Mama Vallone's

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have eaten at Mama Vallone's many time over the years when visiting Cle Elum. This last visit was very different. Gone was the great receptionist, gone were the customers, and gone were many of the traditional menu items. We were eating at 7PM on a Saturday night and the place had only a few tables of guest. From conversations, most were out of town people. The wait staff seemed new, offered no specials, and missed part of our order.
My wife had the chicken caesar salad, our son had fish and chips--fried very dark and quite dry. I had the Veal Ala MaMa. The sauce was good but more like a gravy, and the veal , similar was fried very well done, leaving the veal dry and crisp. The setting is still great, but sorry to see the change in food preparation and service. I wonder if there has been a change in ownership.

2  Thank Tom T
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Visited Mama Vallone's on August 12th. The food was delicious and the ambiance was nice and quaint, just what we were wanting for a small-town atmosphere. I'm deducting a star simply because of the long wait we experienced. Head's up: if you are planning to eat here don't expect to get your food fast! Plan on being at the restaurant for at least two hours. When we arrived the restaurant was not busy, yet we had to wait about 15 minutes before we were finally seated. In fact, it was several minutes before any of the staff even acknowledged we were in the lobby waiting to be seated. Another couple who had arrived just before we did gave up waiting and left. When we were finally greeted we were told the wait would be about five minutes, which grew to 10, and then 15. However, when we were finally seated we were taken to a table next to several other empty tables, already set with utensils, etc. Not sure why we had to wait so long. We then had to wait another several minutes for our waitress, and once our order was placed we had another long wait. By the time we finished eating we looked at our watches and calculated that we had been at the restaurant for over two hours, and not because we are slow eaters. The service was just that slow.

On the positive side, the food was yummy and we did enjoy the atmosphere. The restaurant is small yet cozy, has candle light at each table and is nicely decorated. I particularly enjoyed the beveled glass windows and the foliage and flowers around the windows. Nice touch. Both my husband and I ordered prime rib which was very tasty and tender, and cooked to our request (mine was med-well, my husband's was medium). No complaints over the food. An overall nice restaurant and as long as we have enough time to do so we would be happy to visit again in the future.

1  Thank Travelovin
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My esteemed spouse and I have eaten at Mama Vallone's several times now and have been pleased with both visits. First, mama Vallone's is a cute little house, lovely charm and comfortable atmosphere. The service for us both times has been very good. The first time I had the lasagna and it was delicious and a very large portion, enough to have the other half for lunch the next day. This past time I had their signature garlic chicken dish and I am thinking it may have been an off night for it. It was very very garlicky, hence the name, I suppose, but this was pretty much over the top. As well, it was drenched in olive oil...so I will give it the benefit of the doubt and say I think I just got it on an off night. My esteemed spouse enjoyed steaks both times and loved 'em. I will say the pasta fagioli soup is most excellent...warm, loaded with vegetables and redolent of spices. The house salad was also delicious! So have una bella serata! Ciao!

1  Thank acandkc
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The soup and the sauce on that lasagne were very salty. I have to give 3 stars instead of 2 because they did offer to try and fix it. But we were just stopping by on our way home for the weekend and I did not have time to try for a better fix. Such a cute venue, and great location.

Tip for chefs everywhere: people who like lots of salt can add it easily. There is no way for other to take it out.