“Amazing”

Portals Restaurant at Suncadia Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Portals Restaurant at Suncadia Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bullfrog Road
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent all around restaurant, wonderful service from our first walk in to our wonderful server Katy. Then food was amazing, my husband saw something being delivered to a room that was not on the main menu but she made it happen.
No dislikes!

1  Thank Amy S

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We live stopped by on our way to Levenworth to have dinner. Our waitress Kieran informed us of the new menu and suggested a few of her favorites. We loved the lamb and trout dishes, excellent suggestions. The food was full of flavor, and the meat was moist. Great place!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I attended a conference at The Lodge and had a Happy Hour dinner in the Lounge called 56 Degrees. My waitress, who was also a bartender, didn't know the Happy Hour options that another waitress was telling a diner next to me. Because of that I changed my order to take advantage of ordering 2 small plates with one being 1/2 off. I had requested one item to start with, with the second to come afterwards, but instead she brought them both at the same time and seemed confused when I stated I had wanted them as courses. I ordered some type of gorgonzola "cheesecake" with crostini, which had absolutely no discernible taste of gorgonzola, and in fact, no taste at all! I can't even remember my other order, even though it was just a few days ago. That's how memorable it was. The wine by the glass was fine, if a little pricey being at a resort.

I also dined at Portals for lunch before leaving the conference. My waitress was spot on, nice, polite and very professional. I heard her co-worker interacting with another nearby table (the entire dining room had maybe 3 tables occupied) and he was very nice and engaging. I had a white cheddar cheeseburger, which was perfectly cooked, with a nice char and very juicy. The fries were okay, but I don't really like fries anyway. My iced tea was kept full, and the view was stunning.

1  Thank Carolyn_in_Edmonds
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Okay...it's a resort. I'm not expecting Canlis. The appetizers were okay: roasted asparagus, steamers and mussels, cheese platter. The Caesar was very good. The red trout was overcooked. With such a small piece of fish, it would be easy to do. Overall, it met my expectations. Such as they were.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The views are spectacular, the restaurant is very cozy and the wait staff very nice. The kitchen needs improving as both times dining they got our dinner order wrong and we had to send the food back while the rest of the meal got cold.