“Clean, Unique and Affordable”
Review of Aster Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cle Elum
Aster Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cle Elum B&B and Inns
Port Hadlock, Washington
“Clean, Unique and Affordable”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place is spotless clean. Sheets were new and crisp. Wall hangings were real not the Xeroxed prints you get in big hotels. Other rooms have different wall hangings so they are not all the same. The room had a toaster, microwave, fridge (the bigger bar type about 3 ft tall), coffee brewer, silverware, salt and pepper, paper plates and paper bowls, two large coffee cups, two wine glasses, flat screen Visio with DVD player and a free DVD library.

The rooms are maybe 12 ftx 12ft with bathroom and parking is right out your door as is the main street of Cle Elum. This being the case I never heard the trucks leave or the neighbors next door. The room held the heat or the cold of the air conditioning for a long time due to the insulation in the walls?

Owners were nice and the place was full due to construction and a fire in the area. People were nice and had a place to gather in a court yard in the back where they sipped their beer and barbequed their steaks. The barbeque was provided complete with complimentary propane.

Some rooms have a complete kitchen maybee 1 or 2 and the whole place only has 20 rooms. As you can see I love this kind of place and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
washington
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently stayed 1 night at the Aster Inn and it was amazing. Very charming and the cleanest place I have ever seen. They were quite full and the only available room was the jacuzzi suite with a full kitchen. All of that for only $70.00 a night. Staff was very friendly as well. This should be your first choice in Cle Elum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mexico
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a great stay at the Aster Inn this June, and even extended our stay for an extra night. The owners are welcoming, incredibly dog-friendly, and the rooms, albeit small, are spic-and-span. The one issue we had were noisy neighbors who kept us up _all night_ because they were hanging out next to our room - we were in the room that abuts an alcove. Avoid this room if you can, since the one next to it sleeps 4-6 people. We were able to move rooms the next night, and the Inn didn't charge us for the difference in price. I give it a low "very good" because of the noise, but if we hadn't had that problem, I would give it an "excellent."

Room Tip: Choose the ones in the back, away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cuerna
Bellevue Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had an overnight stay at the Aster Inn in Cle Elum - wow! I've found my getaway-on-a-budget. The room was small, yes (they were all small back in those days), but updated, painted, scrubbed, and maintained in every way. The Aster Inn is full of those special touches that the sterile-box megachains have stripped out of the travel experience. Hot cider and cocoa? Got it. Full kitchen, full fridge, sensible lighting? Modern TV, and all the DVD movies you can handle (for free) in the lobby? All there, and all for a steal of a price - I almost felt guilty paying so little. I opened my window for some mountain air and a hanging petunia in full bloom greeted me inches away on the other side of the screen - when's the last time that happened at a Megachain? The backyard garden was eclectic and inviting, great places to eat up the street. We need to support small businesses and this one is a secret treasure. Go there, but not when I'm planning my getaway!

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suite is very nice and quiet, even though it's on the road, the road is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travel456girl
Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We headed into town hoping to find a good deal, and the Aster Inn was perfect. The room was very clean, and well thought out. Nice touches like clothes rack in the corner instead of a hook; flat screen TV smallish to mid sized opposite and not overwhelming. They even include a toaster, I just threw away our remainng bagels that morning before I arrived, when's the last time you saw a toaster at a small quaint hotel?! We had only one problem though, the neighbors next to us decided to have a full-blown conversation at 5 am outside our room. That of course wasn't the managements fault. This is one good place to stay if you're into the outdoors, whether it's hunting, biking, the off-road network is just across town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel8818
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was going to stay in Issiquah on may way over to Eastern Washington but at this time of year it is crowded and traffic is terrible. An hour east and over the pass is Cle Elum, a tiny town off I-90 and also near Roslyn. The price of Issiquah's Motel 6 was $67 for the night while the price here was $50 for the night. I made it over the pass just before they were about to close it off for dynamiting. This is an older motel with charm and lots of fresh hanging flowers. They gave me their last room, because all I needed was one bed for me. The room is small but holds everything you need, including a cold fridge, microwave, coffeemaker (plus two solid mugs), and flat-screen TV. The bed was comfy and I borrowed a few movies. My mistake was not asking about a check-out time. At 8am the next morning, my plans to sleep in were ruined. They were remodeling the rooms on either side of mine. They did not warn me nor did they ask if it would be OK. It was kind of lousy treatment. So I will not stay here again because I would feel as if I had to ask all the right questions to be sure I was treated they way a customer should be treated.

Room Tip: Make sure to get everything in writing
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AZPeregrina
Augusta
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was passing through Cle Elum and found the Aster. It was perfect for an overnight stay. It's run by a hands on family. The price was right. Although the room was small it had everything I needed. The Aster is clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Aster Inn? Share your experiences!