“The best Mexican food in town, hands down!”
Review of El Caporal

El Caporal
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We moved to Cle Elum from San Diego and have been looking for a place that has Mexican food more like in San Diego, but didn't find anywhere close until we found El Caporal! We especially love their salsa and buy itnto go anytime I'm cooking a Mexican dish at home. We usually order to go, but the first time we went for a sit-down meal was for my birthday. We shared an order of nachos and the steak and chicken fajitas. We also tried 2 cocktails each. I think we had a pina colada, strawberry margarita, and 2 others from their cocktail menu. Everything was great!

1  Thank HippieChild

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went on a Friday night and had very fast service. The prawns salad was to die for. Completely satisfied all around. Adverage priced.

1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a good, middle of the road, dinner here. I had beef and my wife had chicken. Tasty. Good margaritas. The service was consistently excellent, not overbearing but they were there whenever we needed something.

1  Thank Hal72
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had the chicken carnitas, was well prepared and tasty. Portions were plenty large. Salsa is good, couldn't tell if the tortilla chips were home made, but I think not. Margh's were good, you could taste the ingredients. Prices reasonable for what you get.

1  Thank FreqntTrvl
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Would agree with the other sub-par reviews. My take on "American/mexican" is that if the plates are huge it won't matter that it doesn't taste so great - I would lump them in this category.