“A wonderful beginning to our vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Rivertree Inn

Best Western Rivertree Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clarkston
Hopewell, Virginia
“A wonderful beginning to our vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and his two sisters, plus me, started on a three week vacation. We wanted to save money and decided that the Best Westerns may offer us everything we wanted. We were totally surprised by everything at this hotel. The room was clean, the breakfast had eggs, waffles, 7 grain hot cereal, fresh fruit and just about anything you could want. The evening clerk, Jill, was unbelievable. Anything and everything we asked for she had. We wanted real wine glasses, she delivered, we needed a wine bottle opener, she delivered, we need stamps for our post cards, she delivered. We asked and she delivered and always with a smile on her face and a very pleasant attitude. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A great value and really unique room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hilda102320

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

After conducting field examinations throughout the countryside, it was great to be met by a friendly person at check-in, to obtain a room that I could park right in front of for unloading all my stuff, and then later take a long soak in the hot tub. The air smells a bit like a sugar beet factory area, but I found out it was the paper mill (after awhile you can't smell it though, it was really noticable when I first got out of the car to check-in). The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, which sure made my life easier for the 2 nights I stayed at this hotel. The room was clean, and I slept good on the bed there, which I normally don't sleep well while traveling. The room I had was close to the pool which is surrounded by a walk-way and well manicured plants. I love Belguim waffles, with yogurt and blueberries on top, so I loved the breakfast. They also had have a large assortment of other items to choose from.

Room Tip: Let the desk person know what you are wanting, and they will be very helpful to meet your needs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here one night and that was all we could stand. They have done a nice job of trying to remodel the place but there's nothing they can do to eliminate the stale smell of smoke. It's a non-smoking hotel but you can't eliminate the smell of old smoke. The layout of the room was really weird too... you walk into the room and if you're not careful you'll walk right into a staircase that takes you up to a loft with a bed in it. The only amenity was a bar of soap....no shampoo or lotion....nothing! The mini-fridge ran off and on all nite and the noise of traffic was very noticeable. I will say that the room was clean however. The pillows for the bed need to be replaced though....very lumpy. Didn't try their breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Rian319
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were disappointed to open the sliding door to bad smells from the paper mill; of course this is no fault of the Hotel, but when we did open the door a very dark curtain made the room look like a cave. The lighting didn't help that much - it was a bit dark until we opened the curtains. The old smell of outdated/exhausted carpet overcame our senses. We wanted a King bed downstairs so that there would be perhaps room to see a small love chair/sitting area. We reserved a loft just in case our son wanted to stay the night after our visit and knew there would be a double upstairs. What we got were 3 double beds. We did like the view and sliding door facing the parking lot rather than the busy pool area.
The shower water pressure is fabulous but the tub gripper strips ripped up; and liner itself is old. The corners of the bathroom tile are caked with layers of dirt. I liked the counter and fixtures, new wallpaper and framed mirror. I didn't like that the only gift/soap was a 'go green' no scent at all bar that was placed on the sink area. There were plastic signs everywhere that made me feel like I was in a motor motel instead of a hotel. There were no soap bars or shower gel bottles, but replaced by a tacky shower dispenser that was filled with the most disgusting smelling shower gel I would never put on my skin! I didn't even try the hair shampoo in the left dispenser. Another really disgusting thing this hotel does is not put in garbage liners into the garbage containers and there were only 2 small garbage containers in the downstairs. A nice touch was a ribbon around a shoe/makeup towel with a little hand-like printed sign. Another nice touch was the pillows and the mattress was wonderful. Loved the pillows! We like the quietness and the morning breakfast.
But I didn't have that good of experience. The internet connection was only Ethernet in this part of the hotel. I received more spa small health and beauty items and saw less signage at a Super 8 hotel! This hotel just needs to reconsider some of the signage (plastic), install new carpet, new show liner, put liners in the garbage, offer more eco-friendly scented in even lemon or lavender scents, sheers on a double rod to brighten the room; and wouldn't hurt to have screens on the sliding doors.
Why did I choose Best Western? Because they are Harley Friendly and offer AAA discounts. We didn't have our bikes with us this time, but wanted to check them out. Will I go back to this hotel? No. Will I try another Best Western sometime. Not sure after experiencing this one.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms to the back less noisy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DeblostnHawaii
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had to stay here for Mom's weekend at WSU as everything closer was booked. I was pleasantly suprised at how nice and clean the room was. My only complaint is that with the taxes the room was $150 a night which seems expensive for a Best Western. It was however a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank tiffx1
Polson, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We've driven by several times, but until our usual places were full up, I hadn't stopped here. We were quite pleased with the large, clean rooms, nicely laid out around the pool, and a super breakfast with fresh strawberries and blueberries...a great surprise. We checked in at midnight after a late flight into town, and the night clerk was so pleasant and helpful - unlike the usual late night front desk employees! I hope our stay represents the norm, because I'll absolutely stop in again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoGoGirl77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel when I am In clarkston. I have tried most of the hotels in this area and the friendly service and nice rooms keep me comming back.

Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 13 in Lewiston
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston

Been to Best Western Rivertree Inn? Share your experiences!