Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area
$69
Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$97
$68
$144
$129
$106
All reviewsstayed herecinnamon rollsfront deskhi expressbefore hitting the roadbasketball gamepancake machineroom was cleanblackout shadesmorning breakfastplace to stayextra towelscold cerealyogurtbiscuits and gravyguest roomsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My daughter and I were in Cheney for an EWU tour and visit March 31 - April 1, and stayed here 2 nights.
It's new, it's clean, the desk clerks are EWU students happy to talk to us about their college, the pool & hot tub are amazing, and the breakfast has something for everyone!
I really can't add to previous reviews, except to say that I was somewhat concerned with being on the front end of the hotel closest to the railroad crossing. No worries - it was very quiet, only one train around 9 pm the second night, and it was not that loud. We had room 333, which has 2 beds and is somewhat larger than normal due to being on the very end across from the stairwell.
My daughter has decided to attend EWU starting next Fall, so, no doubt I'll gladly be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2008

Just spent 2 nights at this Holiday Inn Express in Cheney and I cannot think of anything that would have improved the experience. The facilities feel brand new, the beds were very comfortable with a variety of pillows, and the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast room is large and the included breakfast had many options to choose from. The workout facility is small but well equipt with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a recumbent bike, and a rack of dumbbells, water cooler and towels. The indoor pool looked nice, but I did not use it.

The room is very nicely decorated and the wireless was fast and easy to connect to. Amazing how often that is not the case with hotels that cost 3 times as much as this one. There was a large LCD TV in the room along with a refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Access to the hotel was very easy with ample parking. Across the street is a newer Safeway and small shopping center. Cheney restaurants are a short drive away as is EWU campus.

I was very happy with my stay here and the value at this hotel. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I grew up in Cheney and it's nice to see a place like the HIE come to our little town. As usual, my experience there was excellent. The property is new, nice, clean, has great amenities, and the staff are beyond helpful, accommodating, and polite. It’s rare these days to find excellent customer service in any place, no matter the star / diamond rating but I can vouch for the Cheney HIE affording you a wonderful stay at a very reasonable rate. We’ll be back there for Christmas again. Great breakfasts, located right across the street from a shopping complex that includes a large, new Safeway, Starbucks, banks, and gas station. Aside from staying at the Davenport, if I were traveling to Spokane I’d definitely consider staying here and making the 20 minute drive in.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I stay at this hotel every month visiting my daughter who lives in Cheney. I have always been treated very well and the customer service is excellent. The breakfasts are very good, some hot food, muffins, toast, fruit, cereal, hot drinks. The pool and hot tub are kept nice and always well maintained. In the past several years of staying here monthly I can't think of a negative thing to write about. I hope they keep up the good work!! Thanks all you great people!
Patti

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We stayed one night in late August. It was a free night based on my Holiday Inn points. Hotel opened July 20, and it is the very best mid range hotel we have ever stayed in. We were given a suite, which included a mini kitchen, a couch, and a big bathroom. All rooms are large, include a high bed with pillowtop mattress, and 32" flat screen TVs. Obviously everything was spotless since it is new. The breakfast area was very large, and includes the standard items for a Holiday Express. If you are ever in the Spokane/Cheney area please stay at this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple