“Quiet alternative to Spokane”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheney
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Cheney is just a bit off of Interstate 90 south of Spokane. If you are flying into or out of Spokane, and need a hotel less than 15 minutes from the airport. This is the spot. Very clean and quiet. I drove to Spokane to pick-up my spouse from the airport close to mid-night. I checked in early to a large King room and had a great rest before heading to the airport. We were back at to our room before mid-night, and had a good night sleep before heading our the next morning. Breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: Safeway Food/Drug & Starbucks across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were there in mid-July. We had a king, non-smoking room. The room was excellent, very large and clean. The staff was very helpful. I can't think of any negative issues with this property. I well stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was very nice and professional. Check in was quick. Nice breakfast spread. My only problem was the room was not that clean and had stale smell. The air filters needed changing as well my allergies started to bother me and it was hard to sleep. I hope pets are not allowed this could also have triggered it. I would give it another try on my next trip to see if housekeeping does a better job with room. It would not hurt to have a plug in. If my next stay is better I will give it higher rating. I am a picky lady so a clean room and good night sleep makes all the difference in my book.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pickylady35
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I enjoyed a very comfortable evening at this hotel. Staff was pleasant and room was reasonably quiet. I did note how extremely clean everything was in the room. I do think it's a bit overpriced for a HI Express-but it's really the only hotel in the town of Cheney that's nice to stay in. I've stayed in an equally nice hotel near the airport for half the price, but that is 10 miles away. But for only one night, this was perfect. They also have a shuttle service within a 7 mile radius, but it shuts down at 6PM. It'd be great if they'd provide airport shuttle service for a fee. Lot's of parents visit their Children at Eastern WA University and I think would use the shuttle service, especially if it ran through the dinner hours.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Attending symposium @ Eastern State University. this property was close and had excellent accommodations and the internet service I required to complete my presentation. Quiet room allowed me to arrive in a good frame of mind for the symposium.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here the night of the Killin Dinner Dance. What a treat. Very clean hotel. Front desk people (particularly David and the late night crew) were WONDERFUL! Morning breakfast was very good; lots of room to sit down and enjoy. Will definitely stay here again next year!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is a very nice comfortable hotel but I think it's a bit overpriced for what you get. I have stayed at nicer hotels in Seattle for less money. The fact that this is the only decent hotel in Cheney, Wa. is probably the reason for this. The rooms are clean and quiet, there is a pool and a decent breakfast. The employees are always nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheney
Hampton Inn by Hilton Spokane Airport
Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
Super 8 Spokane/West
Super 8 Spokane/West
#29 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area

Address: 111 Betz Road, Cheney, WA 99004
Location: United States > Washington > Cheney
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheney
Price Range: $127 - $190 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area 2.5*
Stay Smart at Our Cheney HotelYou'll find the comfort and convenience you need at our Holiday Inn Express® Cheney, WA hotel, one of the leading hotels near the Spokane International Airport. Our hotel's located at the corner of Betz Rd and Hwy 904, minutes from the Eastern Washington University and near many businesses and attractions. We have reasonable rates and a name you can trust. You can "Stay Smart." with us.Thoughtfully designed for the most distinguished business traveler, our hotel has free Wi-Fi access, a 24-hour Business Center, a Great Room for receptions & a 288-sq ft boardroom. With a location near Fairchild Air Force Base, Triumph Composite Systems and BF Goodrich, the Holiday Inn Express® Cheney, WA is the best place to stay near the Spokane International Airport.Our hotel's perfect for families as we are close to many area attractions including the Turnbull Wildlife Refuge & the John A. Finch Arboretum. Spend a day golfing at Fairways Golf Course or cheering on the Eagles at an Eastern Washington University football game. We offer and array of complimentary amenities to guarantee a good stay, including a complimentary shuttle within a 7 mile radius. Our hotel's other free amenities include a hot breakfast bar, 24-hour Fitness Center and indoor heated pool. You'll find quality, contemporary accommodations when staying with us, so make your reservation today at our Holiday Inn Express® Cheney, WA hotel! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheney - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Cheney - University Area