“Maybe the worst food ever!”
Review of 1st Street Cafe - CLOSED

1st Street Cafe
Spokane, Washington
“Maybe the worst food ever!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Heard a new owner remodeled and opened a new restaurant where the old Artist's cafe was. All the remodel included was a slap of paint to barely cover the old artwork and crudely re-upholstered seats. Went on a Friday morning around 8 m. We were the only customers it was a good indicator and we regretted ignoring it. The waitress finally appeared after 5 minutes and brought our coffee. We ordered the chicken fried steak, with poached eggs and the highly recommended house fried taters, and the Spanish omelette. It took forever for our order to come out and when it did the potatoes were barely warm and the sausage gravy was ice cold and tasted like chalk.When I took the first bite of my poached egg I noticed a strange metallic odor, When I pointed it out too our waitress she just shrugged and said hmm must have been a bad one, The chicken fried steak was so greasy it was inedible and the potatoes were obviously days old and the onions in them were burned to a crisp. The omelette was overcooked and the fillings were stale and limp. I will never go back, the waitress knew the issues with our food and even with a rotten eggs didn't offer to remove it from the table or the ticket. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who values their health! Save your time and $$ and go down the street to Zip's.

• Visited November 2012

Medical Lake, Washington
“Just what Cheney needed, what took so long”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at the Perry Street. Cafe in Spokane and loved it. I was excited to hear that there was a Perry Street Cafe opening in Cheney. I am even more excited, because i love this one just as much. The meals are kind of spendy , but you get enough for two meals, so it evens out. My poached eggs were perfect. The Home fries were very tasty and plenty of them. Our coffee cups were never empty, and they had honey for the coffee. I will be back.