“Beautiful View”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this resort for business. The exterior isn't all that attractive, but the inside makes up for it. I stayed in a King suite where the bedroom and living area was separate. It's definitely great for families and a romantic getaway. The view of the lake and mountains is absolutely gorgeous. The sunsets are breathtaking. Every room has a lake view.

The only issue I had was the little bugs that fly around in your room that you don't see until it's night time and the lights are on. The bugs die instantly. I think it's just because we are near the water.

Other than that the place is really nice and so is the staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here again for 2 days. I wasn't sure if much would change since I had heard the ownership changed. Happy to say, the staff are still friendly, the grounds are well manicured, the pool condition was better than prior to the new ownership, and the gas grills are still on the grounds. On top of it, the traditional waffle makers were still here, and their breakfast is great! I can't be a snob to a place that provides complimentary breakfast. I love this place! I bring my son here every summer to get away from the hustle and bustle of the work days in Bellevue. He is a toddler now, loves the pool, and I think it will be a family tradition to come here every year! Thank you Lakeside Lodge for the great stay, and the hotel special! If you have more specials, we'll be there often!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie F
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here once before in June 2013 and again now. The rooms are big! The beds are heaven! The free breakfast every day perfect! Love the pool and the beach and park right too. All the staff are great but Julien at the front desk is the best!!
We have stayed at other resorts in Lake Chelan . . But will always come here now!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Xochi H
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We booked a king suite, and it was really terrific. As large as 2 regular hotel rooms, kitchenette, sitting room with a great view, large balcony overlooking the lake. Bed exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast comes with the room and deserves special mention. Very large selection including hot meats and eggs, yogurt, muffins, scones, cereal, waffle makers, fresh fruit. About anything you would like served in a large room where there are no shortages of tables. Two things that may seem minor: the fridge did not have a freezer compartment and we ended up paying more than $200 per night with taxes and all. A bit steep for my taste, but a high quality place with a great view.

Room Tip: the higher number rooms are the best, facing the lake. So room 400 is a better view than 300 etc...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2014

When we travel to one of our favorite places on the planet (Lake Chelan), THIS is the hotel that we stay at. The rooms are the equivalent of a stereotypical Best Western hotel (actually this USED to be a Best Western) meaning that they're nothing special, but it does the job. Realistically, why would you want to spend any time in the room regardless?

The pool is very nice and the landscaping as well as the plethora of flowers & flower pots really make the place. It is really gorgeous.

Also there are plenty of barbecues on the premises if you opt to cook for yourselves in lieu of dining at restaurants. This hotel is made for those looking to spend at least a few days if not a couple of weeks in Lake Chelan. The lake is a hop skip and a jump from this hotel so you can literally go from swimming in the lake to lounging around the pool.

Everything is an easy walking distance but you may want to drive to the downtown area if you are not into long walks.

The best thing of all is the fact that there are some amazing vineyards/wineries in the area so vineyard hopping is a must do!

Breakfast is included and the view from the breakfast room is amazing. The breakfast is nothing to brag about but it does the job and it's free. So no complaints here.

The service is okay but the front desk has never given us trouble either and the cleaning staff has always done the job.

This will still be our go to on our next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room well in advance when you're looking to stay in Lake Chelan during their...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David G
Seattle
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've been to Chelan several times but never stayed at Lakeside Lodge. My bad. I waited until Monday of the week we stayed and still got a room at a rate that was far better than was published. Because of the availability I didn't have very high hopes. Boy was I surprised.
We booked the double queen. I did my best impression of Anthony Melchiorri and found the sheets to be spotless, the room dust free and the bathroom squeeky clean.
The room came with a separate sitting room with a small kitchen area. The couch was a little worn but otherwise comfortable. The only odd thing about the room was in housekeeping. There was nothing available to wash the dishes and housekeeping took them in the morning - but didn't replace them. Thankfully we didn't use all of any one item on any given day.
There are two pools, one indoor (we opted not to use it, the room felt like a sweaty sauna) and outdoor. The pool was great, but there were no towels in the towel bin and there were signs everywhere saying not to use towels from the rooms at the pool. Thankfully we brought our own.
The complimentary breakfast was good - though it lacked any meat option (no bacon??!!) The coffee was spectacular.
My favorite feature - every room has a deck with a view of the lake. Gorgeous.

Room Tip: A word of advice, make sure you don't book a room near the elevator or stairwell, otherwise you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SeattleNMNative
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We booked a king suite, and it had a lovely view of the lake. The sleeper sofa was adequate and comfortable(we were on a road trip and slept on several sleeper sofas, and this was one of the best).
The free hot breakfast is quite good, and the breakfast room is lovely, overlooking the lake. Try and go early since the breakfast room can get QUITE crowded.
They also have a small sandy beach inside the hotel property, and a play area right beside the lake.
The only con is that the hotel is a couple of miles from downtown Chelan. There is a Subway close by, but otherwise services within walking distance are quite limited. You would have to drive to town.
I would highly recommend this place. Ask for a lake facing view(all king suites are lake facing anyway). I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SeattleGirl111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
#3 of 8 in Chelan
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!