“Huge room, sweet view!”

Lakeside Lodge and Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
“Huge room, sweet view!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We wanted a weekend getaway in May and decided on Lake Chelan...glad we did. We were able to get a king-size suite for $99 per night....now that's a bargain! We were on the third floor and had a very nice view of the park and lake. It was quiet and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine on the balcony. The room had a small kitchenette, a seperate living area and a huge bedroom area. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept like a baby both nights.

The only complaints I have is that there were gnats (or fruit flies) all over the bedroom on the second night. That was annoying and somewhat gross. The second complaint is that the A/C was somewhat loud. I put in earplugs and problem solved. Even so, I would recommend staying here, especially if you can get it for the price that we paid (which, unfortunately, is highly unlikely during high season).

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mannie79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When looking for a great place to stay in the Lake Chelan area, the Lakeside Loge is number one. Tremendous room, quiet, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and easy to use wireless internet. The manager, Tom, is a customer's delight. He's always there, easy to meet and talk with. The hotel staff, from the check-in to the room maids, are friendly and efficient. They all seem very happy to accommodate you in any way, which is a reflection of the manager. Even on a rather trying weekend of Memorial Day, we found the accommodations and friendly environment to be superb. We were there for a family funeral, amidst the commotion of the most visited weekend of the year, and Tom and staff treated us like family. We will never forget their generosity. We will always stay there. I've stayed at Campbell's,....I pick the Lodge!

Room Tip: 4th floor, overlooking the lake and park are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron H
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We reserved a room through Booking.com for 6/1 for $179. While that's a high rate, it's quite reasonable for Chelan in June. They allowed us to check in early and that was great. They gave us a handicapped room, which wasn't great. The countertops are very low and hard on the back. Our room was on the ground level and we could walk over to Lake Chelan from the patio french doors. They have a free breakfast with some nice food choices. We brought our breakfast back and ate on the patio. The hotel is in a great location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at the Lakeside while I was attending the Democratic State Committee Meeting during a weekend last April. The room was huge and afforded a great view of the Lake. It was Dog Friendly and the adjoining park allowed a convenient walk for my furry friend. The staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikbru
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

What started out as wonderful Girl' s weekend with my mother-in-law and a friend and her mom turned out to be a NOISY early final night 's stay. Julian, front desk clerk was outstanding in his customer service. Went out of his way at check in to accommodate our lower level room needs. First night was good. Suite is good size though a small compact bathroom. Carpet could use good shampooing or replacement. Beds very comfortable with pillows galore. Now for the bad news with unresponsive GM! I can appreciate need to upkeep premises but not at 8:00 am! Huge crane towering 4 stories repairing roof or something. Nothing but noise and back up alert beeping for nearly an Hooke. I complained at check out on the 14th to Amanda asking for a rate adjustment of some kind. I was refused and asked to speak to GM was told he would call me. Well no response so called back on the 17th spoke to Julian ha said he would personally call Mr Tom Gormley. Well here we are and it is the 22nd and no response either by phone or email. I guess Mr Gormley doesn't want repeat guests. Suppose he cares? Probably not. Thanks Julian for trying and your kindness and knowing the meaning of hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank C S
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is right next to Lake Chelan so location is great but once we got into our room--which happen to be a 2 queen bed suite I was disappointed. The room was outdated but fairly clean. The beds are in the first half of the suite and the latter is the couch, kitchenette and bathroom. The bathroom was cramped, the lighting was terrible and we struggled to find power outlets. On the flip side there was plenty of towels and a Keurig coffee maker.
The hotel served complimentary breakfast which I won't complain about because its free--I found a few things to nibble on but I saw others pile their plates with food. Nor would I complain about a hotel for not serving breakfast because I think it's something a hotel doesn't need to do to get my business.
If your stay is purely on location then I'd stay here, if you want the whole experience of Chelan I recommend you rent a cabin or a house. If you're like me and care about cleanliness and updated rooms this isn't your place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Clean, large rooms. Well appointed and in good repair. Outstanding location. Have stayed here multiple times. Breakfast selection is very good and there is ample room for all the guests to eat. All the staff, with the notable exception of "the manager" have given excellent customer service. On three different stays we have received poor to worthless customer service from only one person. When I've asked the other staff why that one person remains on staff, the answer is "she is the manager" and the owner does not know how bad she is. The other issue is that the hotel put an additional $25 on our credit card as a "temporary authorization" when we checked into the hotel. They put another $25 "temporary authorization" on our credit card when we checked out. On contacting the hotel I was told that it was done in case of damages to the room. It is one week after our checkout and we still have a $25 temporary authorization that has not cleared from our credit card. Let me state that we are seniors, do not party and always leave our rooms in good condition. If it were not for the one poor staff member and the questionable credit card policies I would give this place 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tripping201
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
#4 of 8 in Chelan
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!