“An average place to stay”

Lakeside Lodge and Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Marysville, WA
“An average place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

The second floor 2 bed queen suite that we stayed in was spacious with a nice view. Housekeeping does an excellent job. The beds were comfortable and the price was right. The young woman in the office was pleasant enough -- she just appeared to be in need of shower and shampoo. Having made reservations on the Internet 4 months in advance we had hoped to have a room on the 3rd or 4th level but we were told when we checked in that we needed to call to reserve a Sunset room and that they’re quite a bit more and all the rooms were taken. The two air conditioners in our suite didn’t work all that well. The two TVs had 23 channels and the volume didn’t work on one station. They had HBO2 which had shows on that you wouldn’t want kids to see but no parental controls. The outdoor pool was cloudy looking so we didn’t use it. The continental breakfast was okay but there was a fly landing on the food that wasn’t covered. We didn’t see a beach area for guests only, there was the public park (Lakeside Park) with a public access road and public parking in front of the hotel. This road was patrolled frequently by a sheriff deputy. A boy on a skate board skated on the second floor past our bedroom window at 9:24 PM. Notified the office and they said they would take care of it. It happened again the next night at 8:50 PM. I looked out the door and saw the boy was with his parents, so didn’t call the office. Not the hotel’s fault but the smoke from the fires in the Chelan area seemed exceptionally bad this year.

• Liked — The suite was very clean
  • Disliked — Didn't like the public park in front of the hotel, ice machine was leaking where guests had to walk to and from their cars.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Al_Lo_1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
SoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

Our standard room was a very pleasant surprise as it was a 2-room suite with a balcony overlooking beautiful Lake Chelan.

Amenities of this 2-room suite included; sofa, stuffed chair, coffee table, 2 lamp tables/lamps, small round dining table with 2 chairs. The kitchen included a micro wave oven, refrigerator and sink.

The separate bedroom included; king bed, stuffed chair and 2 lamp tables/lamps. The bathroom had a separate shower/tub and toilet from the sink.

There were two TVs, one in the front room and one in the bedroom, and the vaulted ceilings added to the spaciousness of this outstanding room.

The only negative we encountered was that the included breakfast was served in a bland non-descript room and was marginal at best. If that's the best they can do, they would be better served to omit this feature of the hotel. However, since included breakfasts aren't why we select hotels, we will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VetteGuy
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

We stayed at this hotel last weekend upon reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We have not stayed at any other hotel in Chelan so I really can't compare it to hotels in the area. We thought the outside of the hotel was nice and the grounds really kept up. I expected more from the rooms for the price. We had just stayed at the Best Western in Leavenworth the night before and thought it was much nicer. The room at the Chelan BW looked more like a motel room. The room was clean but could use some updating.
We had a nice view of the lake and though I asked for a second floor room we got a ground floor one and yet the hotel was not very crowded at all.
At 3:30 AM we heard pounding on the door above us, then cell phone ringing and once the person got inside we heard them walking around upstairs, cupboard doors banging and loud voices. Not a very restful night. My husband did tell the office as we were checking out.
If we return to Chelan I think we might check out other places first.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

I checked in early evening in mid Sept when the temp was still very warm and turned the a/c on to cool the room off while I ran an errand in town. I got back, and it was still hot. I turned it on high and adjusted the temp, and still no cold air. Call to the desk, and was asked if I had the temp set right. (Yes...) Then she said the maintenance guy could come look at it when he got back (by then would've been 9 pm or so...) I was needing to go to bed due to early morning meeting and did not figure he could do anything and there was nothing else offered to me, so I suffered through it. I was not acknowledged at checkout (sorry about the no a.c., maybe??) I completed a comment card, followed by an email asking for some type of response, and got nothing. I've been to other Chelan resorts which I will patronize in the future instead, due to being ignored. I guess losing an annual rental of 1/2 a dozen rooms for 1-2 night is meaningless to them. Too bad, as otherwise, it was a pretty decent hotel with a nice location. (Although ground floor window had no screen so flies were coming in if I wanted any fresh air.....)

Stayed September 2007
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2007

I stayed in the top floor suite for 2 nights. The suite was very nice. It had a separate living area and kitchen, vaulted ceiling, and big balcony with good view of lake chelan. The staff even cleaned the dishes we used in the kitchen. Just outside the hotel is a big public beach of Lake Chelan. It is shallow and very swimable, but is a bit cool and can get busy during the weekends since it is a public beach. We took full advantage of the outdoor pool. It also has a nice indoor pool. The breakfast buffet had very limited choice, mainly cereals, tbagels, toasts and waffers. The breakfast was usually crowded. The hotel operation was suprisingly more like mom and pop shop. The front desk people were eating takeout at the desk and cleaning windows when it was not busy. The room cleaning crew was huffing and puffing. We had to find our own pool towels. It was no a big problem to me. There was no restaurant around the hotel. It only takes 5 minutes to get to downtown for dining and shopping. Overall, I like the hotel. I would stay here again next time.

• Liked — Nice suite
  • Disliked — Limited and crowded breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
#4 of 9 in Chelan
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 9 in Chelan

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!