“AMAZING LAKE VACATION!”
Review of Lake Chelan

Lake Chelan
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Chelan
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic lake is best known for its sunbathing, water sports and fishing.
Clarkston, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“AMAZING LAKE VACATION!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family has been getting together in Chelan for about 50 years. I have taken groups from my church, my sorority, and work friends to this wonderful place. Great combination is Levenworth, Washington and then on to Lake Chelan. While you are there you will see the clearest, cleanest water you have every seen! And don't go without taking the boat to the head of the lake. The boat trip is the only way you can see the last 25 miles of this 55 mile long lake and it is worth the trip. The upper end of the lake looks like a mini version of the alps and offers a chance to hike to one of the many many glaciers that feed the lake or to take a bus about 5 miles to Rainbow Falls.
It is truly one of God's marvels made just for the amazing state of Washington!!
PS Don't forget to visit one of the beautiful winery tasting rooms while you are there.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Pat P

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Love it”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had been wanting to check out Lake Chelan for a long time. What had stopped me from visiting was the distance. I thought it was 4hrs from Seattle. We finally went in August with my family. I absolutely loved it. My two boys and girl went jet skiing. My husband and I just strolled and shopped around in town. The downtown area is by no means big to any standard, and it is just a typical cosy small town. But , it is just relaxing at the same time busier than I thought

I will sure return next summer

Vancouver. B.C.
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“We came for the lake, and we enjoyed the wine”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped here on a road trip and enjoyed the lake side town. We enjoyed the quaintness of the town and the beauty of the sunset over the lake. Touring the vineyards made for a fun afternoon and we enjoyed many tastings and some delicious food.

Puyallup, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“boat trip on lake Chelan to Stehekin”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I liked the overall visit. I disliked staying at Stehekin. Not much to do. suggest the fast boat up and slow boat back. that gives you time to have lunch there and see all you need to see.

1 Thank Albert F
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Serene”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This lake is so beautiful. The water is crystal clear.
The shores are very well maintained. This
is a place that you want to return to time after time.