“Lake view & walk”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelan
Chelan Resort Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Chelan
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Great to have a little condo with a fantastic view of Lake Chelan and the best western. The rooms were clean and well appointed, check in was super easy too. Go for the top floor for sure. If the kids need to be deep cleaned the 3 foot deep chlorine pool or the pee-yellow hot tub should do the trick. Plus be ready for the loud Saturday parties at best western ! Get passed all that to an easy walk to the beach for a day of fun - your guest must park off location too - so check out the park -n- ride next to subway that allows overnight parking. Fun and good views plus central air conditioning will bring me back

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Chelan Resort Suites

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed in #111 unit # 112 is the corner nxt trip we plan to take both for the annual family trip to the lake .... We really liked our suite which was well stocked with everything we needed. The master bedroom has a giant bathroom with a huge shower but is missing the flat screen TV. The second bedroom has the TV without the bathroom but nxt to the main bathroom which has a bath tub. Barbecue on the large deck was great ! Patio has a table, umbrella and 5 chairs.
The lower level suites are way convenient for loading and off loading luggage but it would be easy enough on any floor....the 4th flr suites have the views the 1st flr suites have no view ok a view of the parking lot and the BW

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JGC5
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife, two kids and I stayed in #105 over the July 4th holiday (4 nights).

The owner gave us good instructions as to what to do when we got there. As the driveway was full of cars, we first parked in the parking garage underneath the condos. Compared to other underground parking structures, this was very good. Plenty of space to park SUVs, no problem whatsoever. Luggage carts were available in the parking garage which was a nice touch.

As we quickly discovered, you need a code to enter everywhere (parking garage, office, room, swimming pool (in and out)). Kind of a hassle, but you memorize it quickly. Eliminates the need for keys which is nice.

The condo itself was large, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, plenty of space for all of us. We had a nice sized deck with a grill, and I noticed that not all condos had this amenity. It was great having a full kitchen with plates, utensils, pots, etc. as we were able to eat in quite a bit and save some money. It was particularly nice grilling and eating outside. Free wifi was provided and it worked fine.

There were two minor drawbacks to this condo:
1) It had very little view (mostly of the Best Western and its parking lot), but you could see a bit of the lake. This didn't bother us very much.
2) It is right by the swimming pool which has a common barbeque area right next to the patio. It was always very busy with people coming down from units that did not have a barbeque. Not a big deal, just a bit noisy sometimes. The kids loved this because the pool was so close.

There is a lakeside park on the other side of the Best Western, lots of green area to run with a playground and picnic tables. You could go swimming there, but the beach area was tiny. We had fun kicking a soccer ball and playing on the swings.

All in all the condos are nice, the location is good (3 minutes from Slidewaters, 5 minutes from downtown Chelan) and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Unit #410, The good...
Lovely setting, contemporary design with high ceilings, fairly well appointed two bedroom, two bath (one ensuite) condo. Each bedroom has a flat screen TV, as does the living room. For winter visitors there is a fireplace. Central air conditioning. Propane Charbroil BBQ on the deck. Cork and slate floors, washer and dryer in the unit. Dining seats four at a round, glass topped table. Three bar stools. Sofa, side chair, leather storage bench and glass topped coffee table. The hideabed has a mattress that has a blow up center...I tested it out because I thought our son would be staying with us...comfortable!
FYI, the pool and spa are indoors.
The gripes...
1. The secondary bedroom abuts the outside hallway and the lights are on all night. One of the windows is high and narrow and has no blinds on it. I found this to be very annoying. I did notice that some of the units DO have blinds on this window, so ask in advance if you want a unit that has a blind on this window. My advice to the management...put a blind up in that window!
2. If you are picky about pillows, you might consider bringing your own. The "luxury" pillows are, I think, made of shredded memory foam. So far, so good, as that is what I have at home. BUT, these are twice as thick and twice as heavy...I couldn't get comfortable, nor could my sister or her husband. My husband was fine. I used the smaller pillows from the hideabed.
3. The units have wi-fi, but it is not useable if you are on the deck. When I was on the deck I used the wi-fi from the Best Western. Thank you, BW! Also, I think I saw that the CRSuites have a password protected system and an open system. I don't know who gets to use the password protected system, but we were not told about it and we were not given a password upon check-in.
4. The deck....well, I can't change it, but if you are someone thinking about designing condo units or are considering buying one, I think I will put my two cents worth in. The deck is about 12 feet long and tapers from about 6 feet to 3.5 feet. It has the BBQ, two comfy resin chairs and a small side table on it. This unit sleeps 6, and there were four of us. With a bit of shuffling and squeezing, we were able to fit two of the dining chairs onto the deck so the four of us could sit together and enjoy the awesome view. It was VERY, VERY tight. Forget about ever trying to seat 5 or 6 on the deck.
And lastly, and this is not a gripe, just an observation and a suggestion:
We travel frequently and a wonderful touch would be to have a welcome basket in the unit. It would be so nice to have a couple of pieces of fruit, or some cheese and crackers and a couple of bottles of water....especially after a long day on the road, or if the guests are late arrivals!
On to other things:
We love to walk, so the first day we walked from the CRSuites to the Apple Cafe for breakfast...about 3 miles away and worth every step. My husband has a habit of looking for a local resident, preferably driving a pick up truck, and asking him where he likes to eat. We have never "struck out" doing this. For light eaters like me, see if your partner will share their meal with you, and then just order the side of fruit.
The main area of Chelan is about 2 miles away from the CRSuites, as is the Safeway and Red Apple grocery stores.
Make your summer reservations early. Chelan is a very popular summer area, as well as a busy wedding venue.

Room Tip: Views are best on the top floor, and the higher the number of the unit the farther away you are from...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We rented two condos at the Chelan Resort Suites. Our 6 adult children joined us. Everything was perfect. Very clean, and each condo filled with all the kitchen necessities and more. The condos are spacious and laid out well for two couples. We rented the fourth floor which I would recommend as we had a beautiful view of the lake. The walk to town is easy and safe. The only negative is there is no outside pool and the deck is a little small. Our weather was incredible and a lovely pool would have been great but we were a short walk to the lakeside beach. The deck did include a BBQ which we never used since we went out to the many wineries in Chelan in the evening. We're planning on reserving again next year!

Room Tip: Room 410 & 411 are perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Chelan resort suites is about 2 miles outside of the downtown chelan area. Our trip took us their memorial day weekend. It was nice to be in a less congested area and a 5 minute or less drive to everything in Chelan. The staff was great at the condo. However, they are not there 24/7. Just to ensure check in. The accommodations were clean and spacious. Pots/dishes/washer & dryer in our unit was great to have. The towels were huge and soft also.We opted for the 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor off the advice from a previous reviewer in warning of noise next door at the Best Western. I'm here to say, it doesn't matter what floor you are on if you are a light sleeper. This place was truly a great place to stay. We would come here again if ever in the Chelan area.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Gweneth13
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our experience at Chelan Resort Suites. We stayed in unit #205, 2bd/2bath, which is handicapped-access and near the elevator. Everything was sparkling clean and nicely furnished, with slate and wood floors. I loved the floor to ceiling windows in the living room and master bedroom! There was a small balcony, a gas fireplace and a flat-screen TV/DVD. Also a full-sized washer and dryer, which we didn't use. On the first level was a lap pool and hot tub. Check-out was a breeze, with the requirements printed out, although 10am seemed a bit early. We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better lake view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shampel99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#5 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to Chelan Resort Suites? Share your experiences!