“Cozy, Comfortable and Fun!”

GrandView On The Lake
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Chelan
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I have been staying at Grandview for the past three years! We love it, close to downtown, walking distance to great stores, starbucks right up the hill! Just an overall great staff and wonderful experience! The rooms are clean and stocked with towels and coffee! The hot tub is excellent on a cold night or a hot summer evening! I would highly suggest staying here!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been here for Memorial Day for the past three years. Each year, they seem to upgrade the hotel and it looks great on the outside, but it's no secret that the service is declining and prices are increasing.

Last year, my friends and I had personal items taken from INSIDE our LOCKED rooms by the MANAGERS, because they do not allow certain items on their property. Well, the should have told us this when we made our reservation, rather than getting rid of our personal property. And I'm not even talking about illegal objects or drugs, I am talking about a beer bong -since when are these things illegal?

If you are going up to Chelan for Memorial Day weekend, like most college kids do, DO NOT go to the Grandview. It;s far too expensive for the lack of service they provide, and not to mention that the managers are rude. They will also tell you that the cleanest room at check-out time gets a free night's stay... this is a lie. They did not reward anyone this, it's just a hoax to get college kids to clean their room.

If you have a family, I also would not recommend the Grandview on Memorial Day weekend, unless you want to expose your kids to druken college kids doing things that are well over PG.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cb206
GVMgmnt, Manager at GrandView On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for the feedback, we apologize for the distress that was caused to you by the previous management company. The GrandView has undergone a management change and many of the "old ways" are being looked at and constantly revised to meet guest satisfaction and ensure that all of our guests have a fun and safe stay with us.

We are currently accepting reservations for Memorial Day weekend and recognize that this is a fun time and place to be, however we are not here to infringe but instead enhance all of our guest stays. When one is on vacation we expect them to cut loose and have fun and enjoy them-selves, we are here to ensure that everyone has and great stay. We hope that you will return to the GrandView and see what our new management team has to offer.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love staying at the grandview in fact we make it a priority to make our way over there at least once a year! The location is the perfect distance away from town - close enough to be walking distance but far enough out that you aren't kept up by the music from señor frogs. Also the staff is super friendly. The poolside bartender even lent me his personal snorkeling gear when I lost my engagement ring in the lake!!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Chanteezy
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The rooms are clean the beds are comfy and the view on the lake side is awesome. Its location is great for getting on and off boats at the hotel docks, and its super close to all the rentals and shops. *Best Part* My new fiance, i asked her that weekend, dropped her ring into the lake! but luckily the gentleman that opens the coffee/food/bar next to the pool had snorkeling gear in his truck and she was able to find in on the lake bottom!! Definitly an annual trip for me and my friends.

Room Tip: Lake side view is amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed in several types of rooms at the Grandview depending on the trip, whether it was as a couple, as a family, or a girl's weekend. I have been there during the summer, fall and winter, and the hotel is perfect for all seasons. All of the rooms are beautifully appointed with modern furniture, appliances, flooring, and all the comforts of home. The kitchens have everything you need, and there's even a washer and dryer. The beds are so amazingly comfortable! The view uplake from the balconies takes your breath away. It doesn't matter what time of year, it's always so beautiful. The pool and hot tub are ample size and really amazing, and the hotel is right on the lake if you prefer a nice refreshing dip in the clearest water I've ever seen. There is ample parking either outdoors, or in the parking garage. Everything in town is just a short walk away, including parks, the River Walk, restaurants, bars, grocery store, wineries, and shopping. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very lovely setting on the lake looking uplake at Manson and the mountains (Stehekin). Located downtown close to shopping and the wineries. Has a great swimming pool and hot tub. Rooms are beautifully appointed with comfortable furinture and the best, most comfortable beds.

Room Tip: get uplake views. wonderful sun and sports. Love paddle boarding on the lake
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dan w
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wonderful appointments. Best view up lake and wonderful sunsets. The weather was warm, the pool was warm, and overall a lovely few days at the end of September. I was surprised the lake water was even warm(ish). The rooms were lovely and the beds were so comfy, it was hard to get up. I would go again just for the bed!

Room Tip: up lake views are the best! Best sun and warm.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sean t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#5 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to GrandView On The Lake? Share your experiences!