“Not the best experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan

Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Seattle, Washington
“Not the best experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

From the moment I checked in, I found the front desk staff unhelpful and more interested in talking amongst themselves than in helping guests. They did point me to the room where luggage carts are stored, though. The room was average, even for a 'king', but of course the view of the lake is spectacular. But the front desk had NO informaiton, such as a map of the lake and where things are, a map of how to get to other parts of the region, or a listing of things to do in Chelan. I felt entirely left to my own devices, so I am sure I missed things that make this place so popular. Other than the lake, that is.
I did use the spa for a pedicure,but the nail polish rubbes off one hour after the appointment was over. And it cost $50!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jane48_47
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We apologize to this guest. This is certainly not how we want our guests to feel. We’ve made an attempt to contact them, gather more information, invite them back and hope they will return. We do appreciate their patronage and feedback.

Clint Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my third stay at Campbell's. And first I'd like to mention that my first two visits were very pleasant. This time I came over mid-week for a conference at the hotel. The conference facilities were great, even the food - which is not usually the case with conference food. The staff present at the conference events were also extremely helpful and friendly. They did a tremendous job.

Since the room's rate during the conference was the same post-conference, I decided to have the bf drive over Friday and we would stay through Monday. That's when my stay went south. Beginning Friday night there were a number of boys' baseball teams staying there, made up of 9-12 yo, I would guess. We stayed in room 4125, which is a ground floor unit in the last building. (The room itself, btw, was nice and well appointed. No complaints there.) BUT the room is located approximately 30-40 feet from a hot tub. Which, again, by itself is not bad. But when the hot tub is constantly populated by tween boys who don't realize that just because you're outside you don't have to yell, it makes having a room in close proximity to a hot tub no longer an amenity. After giving the group a night to get their rambunctious-ness out of their systems, so as not to be labeled a 'childless crank,' I was hoping that Saturday night would be better. It wasn't. Tweens were louder and the parents and coaches were drunker. After asking the young men directly to lower their voices and pointing out their proximity to my bedroom and receiving blank stares, I called the front desk and made them aware of the situation (as well as learning they would be checking out Sunday). I was told that they did have a security person on duty that night, so i figured that they would send that person down to politely and tactfully address the situation. Nope. Instead they continued to scream and yell and stay in the hot tub until close to 11pm - an hour after quiet hours began and two hours after kids are prohibited from the hot tubs - or so stated the materials I received at check in.

At that point it would have been a MAJOR inconvenience to switch rooms, had it been even possible, since I'd been three days already and was leaving Monday morning. And it had already been made clear that the hotel had no intention of rectifying the situation. So I gave up on a relaxing/romantic weekend, stuck my ear plugs in and downloaded a new book to my kindle - uh, yay for free wifi? :/

But hey, Sunday, after checkout time, the stay was pleasant again. There were several families with children enjoying the swimming pool and hot tubs in a typical, non-silent but reasonable manner.

I realize that this is just one experience, and in fairness I have had two other very nice experiences at Campbell's in past years. However, based on this I'm not sure if I'd stay again...at least I'd do my homework first as to other large parties of certain ages staying as well. I'd also avoid the bottom floor and rooms directly adjacent to the pool and hot tub areas.

My suggestions for Campbell's management: be proactive about controlling large parties so as not to allow undue nuisance to other guests; and consider adding better insulated sliding doors and windows to ground floor units directly adjacent to hot tub/pool areas.

The staff individually we're all very polite but their seeming unwillingness to address an unruly group was disheartening and frustrating. I suspect this was a very large booking group and that the hotel wasn't too concerned about the affect it had on the stay of one or two other 'smaller' bookings. This experience will definitely weigh in on my decision of where to stay on my next visit to Chelan.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms next to pools/hot tubs can be extremely noisy due to close proximity.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank samrals
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We wish to apologize to this guest.
We didn't do enough to enforce our quiet hours and we are sorry they were disappointed with their stay.
Our belief is that this unfortunate occurrence is not typical of the guest experience at Campbell's.
We are attempting to make contact with this guest and invite them back.
We hope they return and we thank them for their feedback and patronage.
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Campbell's is at the top of our list in Lake Chelan. It's right downtown and on the lake. You can walk to shops or Safeway. The rooms are very nice, some face the water with a balcony and fireplace. The indoor restaurant is cozy and comfortable and has excellent food and service. The bar & outdoor restaurant are on the second level and overlook the downtown area. The food is good as well as the service. We go every year and are never disappointed. In summer, go early or late to avoid waiting.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake and beach will be noisier and more expensive but have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the resort the last week of February. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. We stayed for a total of 3 days. The staff offered us a room with a kitchenette and a fireplace. The room rate was $89.00, plus tax. The room was comfortable and roomy. The room overlooked Lake Chelan at sunset. Although the outside temperature was in the 30's, the fireplace and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake made the experience memorable.

The summer rate is 3 times higher and demand is high, so for an off season experience, I would recommend the resort. It was quiet and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for the kitchenette and fireplace and the higher the room, top floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We come back to Campbells every year, it's such a great place to stay, ideally located on the shores of Lake Chelan and a very short distance from shopping and restaurants.
The rooms are always exceptionally clean and the staff are extra accommodating. The outdoor pools and hot tubs are clean and inviting and they even have slips out front to store your boat between outings.
Also available are kayak and rowboat rentals, fun for traveling along the shoreline near the hotel.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel and highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent 3 days at Campbell's resort in Chelan. First of the "the staff" they are great. From the dining staff to the maids...First Class...and friendly. The food in the Pub was great. I would return....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind words about our Housekeeping Department. They do an awesome job. Also appreciate the good review of our Pub. We're pretty proud of our food and beverage program. Thanks again for the review and your patronage!
washington state
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Resort thinks of itself as 5 star and they charge accordingly but it really is overpriced 3 star. Rooms are adequate at best and food is so so. In fact none of the restraurants in Chelan are that good.Tourist town and tourist prices.

Room Tip: Lake side is quieter but cost alot more.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jackpounder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#4 of 9 in Chelan
The Lake House at Chelan

Been to Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan? Share your experiences!