Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
$131
$100
TripAdvisor
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscampbell's resortacross the streetlake chelanbeach bardeluxe roomoff seasonsandy beachstayed in buildingcampbell familyin townwithin walking distancejet skihot tublawn chairsbottom floornice beachgas fireplace
Reviewed August 26, 2007

REAL BUMMER! This was our first time ever to Chelan, obviously, or we would have known better than to stay at Campbell's. For $300 a night for little more than a basic hotel room this place must be resting on it's past laurels. At any given time, you can find 10-15 children under the age of 12 in the hot tubs. The beach warned of "swimmer's itch" aka duck stuff. It is overcrowded, tacky and outdated. Pools were overcrowded.. We had the "pleasure" one night of attempting a bbq on the grounds only to be "entertained" by some teenagers pushing a Safeway shopping cart (with rider) through the premises. That was followed by youngsters chasing ducks, being cheered on by the teenagers. We then had a young man cavorting through the bbq area, Saran wrapped to a picnic table umbrella with the pole running down his leg. And we even HAVE a teenager who was horrified! Again.....$300.00 a night!! This isn't a resort, it's Animal House. Art Campbell, you should be ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt safe bringing my family to your place! We left early and went next door to Grandview on the Lake which is a far more civilized place to be. Campbell's is hugely overrated. Will NEVER go there again. You'd best hope your renovation brings with it the class of clientele your price dictates.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Bouj
Reviewed July 1, 2007

After seeing some of the reviews on this site I decided to pony up the $300 and get a "double queen deluxe" room a month in advance. We requested a room on the ground floor. When we first showed up at around 1 we were told by the front desk that the room wasn't ready and that they would contact house keeping and take down our number and call us as soon as it was available but they couldn't "guarantee check in" until 4. In the meantime we were told to enjoy the grounds and check out the amenities. The pools were small and the lakeside beach area was littered with toys and kids and all kinds of bottles and whatever else. There is a well appointed "beach bar" within the grounds as well as weber grills every 30 feet or so. We never received a call after eating at the restaurant and walking around town a bit it was 4:00 we walked in and attempted to check in. We were told that our room was not ready yet and we mentioned the guraranteed check in time. The young lady behind the counter advised me that she couldn't waive her magic wand and make the room ready. I immediately asked for a supervisor and had a discussion with her about the readiness of the room. She offered me drink vouchers but balked when I asked about a late check out. After going in the back room to "talk to housekeeping" a few times she came out and said that if we "walked slowly" the room would be ready. She gave us directions which included the elevator. I mentioned that I had requested a ground floor room. She said there were none available and they've all been booked for three weeks. I showed her my confirmation and told her that I had requested a ground floor room a month ago. She presented me options but couldn't seem to make an offer that fit. I stayed the night in the room. The beds were comfortable. In the morning I woke up and took a shower. The shower curtain in the bathroom was cloth lined fabric so when I got out of the shower there was water all over the floor. Luckily the hotel puts tons of towels out assuming you are going to use the pools and whatnot. I didn't, but the floor was dry when I left. I can assure you I will not be going back there ever.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank huktawnfonix
Reviewed February 2, 2007

We stayed at this place on Friday, February 2, 2007.

When I booked, the reservation clerk told me she was putting us in "a deluxe room in the newest building." What she didn't say is that the newest building was built in the 1980s and that room haven't been remodeled for a long, long time.

The low-season rate was $108--no AAA or Senior rate was available. The facility is located directly on the lake in the heart of the funky main street lined with little shops, bars, a movie house, etc.

On the plus side, the room was a good size for two queen beds, an easy chair, a dining table with four chairs, an efficiency kitchen (sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, dishes, flatware), and a rather large bathroom with two sinks. We enjoyed the fireplace, the heat, the hot water, and, especially the view.

Our room had a large window and a balcony that overlooked a narrow part of the lake toward snow-covered mountains less than a mile away. It was truly beautiful.

On the downside, the furniture and decor was what one would expect at a generic motel from the 1980s. The bed had a mattress of the type young people buy when they don't have enough money to buy a good one, and, in short, it was "deluxe" in no sense of the word.

It was overpriced at $108 a night, but the rate for our room skyrockets to $278 in the high season. When I checked out, I asked the desk clerk if I had, indeed, stayed in "a deluxe room in the newest building," and she assured me that I had.

In the past we have stayed at the Best Western Lakeside Lodge, which is a mile or two out of downtown but which offered me a much better room for $89, breakfast included. That is where we will stay in the future.

We had a very satisfying meal at The Campbell House Cafe, which I have reviewed in the restaurant section.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank wonderfulworld
Reviewed September 16, 2006

I spent two nights on the ground floor of this "resort" while attending a conference. I agree with a previous writer in that if you ignore the ugly building across the lake the view is lovely. The room was clean the decor was pretty much slightly upscale motel 6. Not worth the $114 we were charged. I felt like I was in a cave when the curtains were closed. The food at the conference was edible but we all agreed it would need to be improved before we booked again. I give it a "ugh" rating.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank southwestie
kiz1965, Public Relations Manager at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

In May of 2008, Campbell’s Resort completed a $3-million guest room renovation with the help of the award winning design firm, Dawson Design Associates of Seattle. The upscale transformation created guest rooms that look like a lake retreat – more beach cottage than motel room with a contemporary design and distinctive, custom elements which guests will only find at Campbell’s.

Reviewed August 28, 2006

For the past 5 years my family goes to Chelan on vacation. We go to the Campbell veranda resurant as well. This year, the resturant is now part of the Campbell's pub. The prices have spiked way up, and the menu selection is less then half of what it was. Literaly close to half of the menu was an alcoholic drink selection. I could have ordered the same fast food quality at most any bar in town. My son and I ordered a taco salad and a kids fish &chips with 2 soft drinks. We were $22, plus a tip, less fortunate. This place used to be an enjoyable place to go. If you want to party, and have dinner at the same time, this is the place to go.

3  Thank Travel4somefun